Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

The reports say he's subpar defensively yet you base your theory that he will be average to slightly above average on those reports? :confused:

Your argument is really silly. Defense is talent. I'm sure he's had plenty of instruction on how to improve his 2B play by now.

No its not...Defense, in any sport, is mainly hustle and work ethic. Sure, you have to have the talent but let's face it, these guys obviously do or they wouldn't be at the level they are at.

Remember ARam when he was with the Pirates? He was awful defensively but many people said it was footwork and lack of focus that was the issue.

He has gone to the Cubs and become much better defensively.

And again, we have seen scouting reports that say he is better than subpar.

Personally, based on everything I have read about him, i would say he is slightly below average defensively right now and at his age, he has a chance to get better.

If you don't, that's fine but dismissing it, in either direction, is beyond foolish.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No its not...Defense, in any sport, is mainly hustle and work ethic. Sure, you have to have the talent but let's face it, these guys obviously do or they wouldn't be at the level they are at.

Is this a joke?

For those keeping score, this is one of those things that SG is *not* right about.

I will be disappointed if this thread doesn't get to 1000 posts. Doesn't anyone have an interesting theory around a potential Roberts trade? :D

I bet the various BRob-trade threads, combined with the non-BRob-trade threads that got hijacked, add up to 15,000 posts, easy. Really, no kidding. I also bet they contain a total of about 6 ideas.

If you are looking for something else to discuss regarding Roberts, it's been posted on NSBB from a user "dextermorgan" that he apparantly got an email from Jason Churchill (if someone knows exactly who that guy is feel free to add). Anyway, he says that according to Churchill, the Cubs are not fed up with PGA or AM at this point, that it's the O's "financial attorney" and Mike Flanagan that they are fed up with.

The only reason I even add this is because I do honestly believe that if PGA hadn't been involved, Roberts would be a Cub now. That's my opinion. But maybe there are atleast rumblings and speculation in some other places, besides from O's fans, that do suggest otherwise.

If you are looking for something else to discuss regarding Roberts, it's been posted on NSBB from a user "dextermorgan" that he apparantly got an email from Jason Churchill (if someone knows exactly who that guy is feel free to add). Anyway, he says that according to Churchill, the Cubs are not fed up with PGA or AM at this point, that it's the O's "financial attorney" and Mike Flanagan that they are fed up with.

The only reason I even add this is because I do honestly believe that if PGA hadn't been involved, Roberts would be a Cub now. That's my opinion. But maybe there are atleast rumblings and speculation in some other places, besides from O's fans, that do suggest otherwise.

Churchill is a Mariners blogger who has inside contacts within the Orioles. He was quite a popular fellow on here during the Bedard trade saga... ;)

I'm wondering if the attorney is Russell H. Smouse or is it Robert Ames that we are talking about here. And it's interesting Flanagan is involved, especially because he has pretty much spearheaded the whole Cubs-Orioles movement when we first started trading players and hiring former Cubs personnel.

Archived