What Will Jonathan Schoop's Return To Orioles Mean For Ryan Flaherty?

PressBoxOnline

o

In addition to an annual M.V.O. award (Most Valuable Oriole), I think that the team should have an M.I.O. award (Most Improved Oriole), and an M.Ve.O. Award (Most Versatile Oriole.)

If such awards existed, I would hope that Nolan Reimold would get this year's M.I.O., and Ryan Flaherty would get this year's M.Ve. O.

The M.I.O. award could be either improved from last year or improved since the start of the season ...... and since Reimold started the season at AAA-Norfolk, that would make him very much eligible for the award, regardless of his hot start with the Orioles after his promotion.

Flaherty ...... he would probably be a perennial candidate for the M.Ve.O. award as long as he is with the team.

Flaherty is a very useful player. It is interesting to me that his tenure with the club exactly corresponds to the Orioles' resurgence as a winning baseball team. I don't think he's good enough to be an everyday player, but he's very valuable as a utility player.

one or two starts a week at 2B. Occasionally filling in at SS. Some starts in OF if Snider is moved.

This plus a handful of starts at 3B to give Manny some rest. Knowing Buck, I would look at him to start the majority of day games and against RHPs that he has good numbers against.

Archived