D. J. Stewart Debut Thursday vs. Staten Island

bobmc

None of the above is dismissing him; particularly without having seen him. Right.

You are like the apples guy in the bar from Good Will Hunting.

Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter?

I am not going to continue to throw insults like a coward.

I respect your service to our country sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not going to continue to throw insults like a coward.

I respect your service to our country sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is throwing insults? I'm saying you are dismissing someone you've never seen before because you read it somewhere. Pretty clear to me that you are out of rope on this argument.

Did you post under a different name previously?

Who is throwing insults? I'm saying you are dismissing someone you've never seen before because you read it somewhere. Pretty clear to me that you are out of rope on this argument.

Did you post under a different name previously?

dshawg/playbaltimorecom?

I certainly could be wrong about that. But similar posting styles, plus that whole Nats fan thing.

Hoping that some of this is due to him making adjustments. I didn't see the bat speed from the few tapes I saw of him in college. Didn't like the deep crouch and the feeling that he'd have to change it to tap into his power. Still, we'll see what he does next year. Will he even start at Frederick? I assume he will because a start at Delmarva would almost be an admission that they goofed. BTW, I am not an expert or claim to be one. I've also never seen Stewart in person. I still have an opinion though. :)

For the record, I thought there were better fits available. I'm certainly not as plugged into College (and the ACC especially) ball from being on the stupid boat (and deployed 10 months) last year.

HOWEVER, plenty of people have a difficult time adjusting to pro ball. He could be struggling with the transition to wood bats. Fatigue. Injury. Who the hell knows? But writing him off at this point is nonsense.

I truly believe the casual fan bases their opinion based on very little. He struggled this week? Big negative. I can't be bothered with having patience.

For the record, if you go to a lot of Bowie games and try to evaluate players, sure, I'll take your opinion seriously. Maybe that doesn't make you an expert, but I don't claim to be an expert myself. What I do claim is that my opinions are based on my own analysis. I'm not going to slam a pick because I read five sentences somewhere, and I've got no patience for those who cry about a lack of respect when they get called out on their negative-for-negativity's-sake schtick.

• 1 month later...

Per Melewski:

For the Orioles' 2015 first-round pick, outfielder DJ Stewart out of Florida State, that meant some tweaking to his batting stance. He is no longer in a pronounced, very low crouch.

"He found a position where he is comfortable," Graham said. "He is not straight up and down and he's not in the crouch. He is somewhere in the middle where he feels comfortable. That is what he is going home with and he will come back to spring training in that same position."

Well, ok then.

For the record, if you go to a lot of Bowie games and try to evaluate players, sure, I'll take your opinion seriously. Maybe that doesn't make you an expert, but I don't claim to be an expert myself. What I do claim is that my opinions are based on my own analysis. I'm not going to slam a pick because I read five sentences somewhere, and I've got no patience for those who cry about a lack of respect when they get called out on their negative-for-negativity's-sake schtick.

Pretty much my point of view as well.

Where is Renee88 when we need him? :scratchchinhmm:

Archived