Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

Yeah our farm system is a baron wasteland. We aren't trading for any big pieces obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone truly calls it a "baron wasteland." There are some decent guys that could fetch something nice.

The thing is we really don't have to buy any big pieces to stay in contention. Maybe shore up some depth but nothing crazy. The DeAza acquistion was smart. Keeping him wasn't.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tides win! Bowden fires 7 shutout innings, Halton hits a 2-run homer and Drake gets the save as Norfolk tops Charlotte 2-0! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RollTides?src=hash">#RollTides</a></p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="

">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brewers get:

Delmon Young and Bud Norris

Orioles get:

Matt Garza*

*Orioles take on his entire salary

This basically allows the Brewers who have the second-worst record in baseball to dump the salary of a player who's a having an off year. This gives the Orioles a good buy-low candidate who could give their rotation a boost if he turns things around.

Sign me up. Always thought Garza was good. Definitely capable of more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Final line on Michael Bowden: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K, 82 pitches, 63 strikes. Tides lead it 2-0 with Beato in to pitch the 8th.</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="
">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You must in Australia posting from the future like that.

We might not have "prospect" depth at Norfolk we do have a bunch of MLB quality depth.

Steve Clevenger- Catcher hitting .340 in AAA

Pedro Borbon- Could be starting for a few teams in CF.

Rey Navarro- MLB level utility guy.

Paul Janish- Defensive whiz as SS

Dariel Alvarez- Plus defense with some pop

Mike Wright

Tyler Wilson

TJ Mac

Gamboa-knuckleballer just chilling in AAA

Cesar Cabral- Lefty

Wesley Wright-Lefty

Pat McCoy-Lefty

Steve Johnson

Oliver Drake

These are guys that other contending teams would be looking to go out and trade for to help a run. We get to have these guys on stand by in AAA and then have a functional 40 man roster come September 1st. That's not counting Davies and Walker, who I would classify as prospects and not "depth". Or guys like Chris Jones or Michael Bowden, who we have no idea what we have. We don't have to sell prospects for role players. We can save our prospects for difference makers. Like Andrew Miller. Or maybe a big bat or another starter for this year's playoff run.

Buck in his presser stated twice that there are more tough decisions ahead on players on the Major League roster now who will probably be gone shortly. So, don't assume Dan's trades will solely involve giving up minor league talent. Maybe packaging a major leaguer and a minor leaguer to upgrade the major league team.

Yeah our farm system is a baron wasteland. We aren't trading for any big pieces obviously.
I don't think anyone truly calls it a "baron wasteland." There are some decent guys that could fetch something nice.

There's more than one reason not to call it "baron."

[emoji11]

Archived