Is it wrong to boo the Yankees in a charity game?

DrungoHazewood

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was it that Reggie Jackson said, "They only boo you if they know who you are"...something like that.

Any day the sun rises and sets without the Yankees getting booed is a day wasted.

Yell "O" during the anthem and boo those suckers! Julian Tavarez hit Jeter during yesterday's exhibition. You play the way you practice. Gimme a "B" people. Gimme an "O"... and another "O". Now , from the top, and hold it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why are the MFYs doing this? What do they have to do with rural Virginia or the mid-Atlantic? Why not the Nationals, or even the Orioles or the Braves?

MFY's bring more money, sad indeed, and in the mid-atlantic no less.

Yankees expect emotional day as they head to Virginia Tech for exhibition (Washington Post).

As much as I hate the Yankees I love Virginia Tech. The game and $1M is a very nice gesture. I guess there are certain circumstances where you have to set aside sports rivalries for a bit and be nice to one another.

Chuck Norris says it is never wrong to boo the Yankees, it is however rude to hold yourself in a derogatory manner while doing so....

Maybe I'm just being cynical here OR maybe I'm exactly right, but I don't think the MFY's would be playing this game if they weren't going to get alot of press coverage from it. Why Va Tech? There was a school shooting at Northern Illinois too, but that didn't get as much press coverage. They are trying to portray themselves as the classy team that gives back, however wasn't it their owner who wanted to take back subsidies given to small market teams b/c Tampa "played too hard against them." They are definitely the "Oprah" of MLB only doing right when everyone will pay attention to them.

BTW, of course you have to root against the MFY's, you can't root against Va Tech can you?

Okay, this is a great thing for Va Tech, the school, families, students, etc. It was also a nice gesture by the Yankees, but God how many times do the Yankees organization, announcers, players, etc have to pat themselves on the back throughout this game?

This is not the time to boo them. This is a nice gesture and I echo the sentiment that the Nats or O's should have thought of this first.

Wow, yeah they should have, big black mark for both organizations. Even just a donation would have been nice.

Wow, yeah they should have, big black mark for both organizations. Even just a donation would have been nice.

To be fair, do we even know that the O's or Nats or any other teams didn't make a donation to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund? I'm not saying they did or didn't because I have no idea...just wondering if anyone in this thread actually does know. They could have and just didn't feel the need to broadcast that fact to everyone like the Yankees did.

To be fair, do we even know that the O's or Nats or any other teams didn't make a donation to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund? I'm not saying they did or didn't because I have no idea...just wondering if anyone in this thread actually does know. They could have and just didn't feel the need to broadcast that fact to everyone like the Yankees did.

Or, to be more fair, they don't have an obligation to donate to it just because it's big news. I'm sure many people in the O's organization donate money to many worthwhile causes and if this wasn't one of them, there's no fault there.

Archived