6 man rotation and 7 man pen

bpilktree

There has been a lot of talk about if Norris goes to the pen or will Gausman stay up in start. I was starting to think that maybe Buck may use a 6 man rotation but use the extra day to keep a 7 man pen at the same time. He talked in the interview last night about having a 6 men pen but 7 guys. What if we kept the 6 man rotation but used the starters side sessions as an extra long guy in the pen. If you need the long men we can just use 5 guys that turn through if not all 6 guys get a turn. Maybe keeping Chen Tilman and Ubaldo in the rotation and using Gonzo, Gausman, and Norris as seing long men types to keep that extra guy in pen but also have them ready length wise if one goes down to keep in rotation.

We should not mess with their routine. Gausman needs to take the ball every 5th day from now till the end of the season to get his innings up and ready for next year, plus he is one of the five best pitchers. Beyond pitching to the Blue Jays Tillman has been fine.

Norris needs to be relegated to the bullpen, pronto.

I would be OK with this, especially if Norris and Gonzo are the bullpen guys. Maybe they alternate one week in the bullpen and one week starting. Then you have five starters at any one time. I do think Ubaldo, Chen, and Gausman should start every fifth day.

My question: is there anything Gausman can do to stay up and be put in the rotation? Let's say he goes out and throws 8 shut out innings tonight, is that good enough? Honestly, I don't see a scenario where he gets a chance to be a regular, stupid buck loyalty rules

My question: is there anything Gausman can do to stay up and be put in the rotation? Let's say he goes out and throws 8 shut out innings tonight, is that good enough? Honestly, I don't see a scenario where he gets a chance to be a regular, stupid buck loyalty rules

Yeah, this Buck guy has to go...what has he ever done for the Orioles anyway? Buck has already asserted diplomatically that if Gausman pitches well he is likely to get another start.

It will be a longer process than that. As someone said in another thread, DD does not make decisions based on one start. It will depend on more than just KG's performance in this start. Now if KG pitches a shutout AND Norris bombs his next start...

Yeah, this Buck guy has to go...what has he ever done for the Orioles anyway? Buck has already asserted diplomatically that if Gausman pitches well he is likely to get another start.

You do realize in no way did I say get rid of Buck, nor did I say he hasn't done anything right?

Well you can take it that way if you want. What I was inferring is that the loyalty to some players like Bud is silly. I have no complaints otherwise with bud, I hope he never leaves
No you said he adheres to a stupid idea. That implies he is stupid. Plus it is false, he doesn't adhere to loyalty above all else. If Bud had an option he'd be in Norfolk, just as Chen was. Chen is deserving of more loyalty than Bud is. If Bud didn't have 4 M plus left on his contract he'd be DFA like De Aza.

No you said he adheres to a stupid idea. That implies he is stupid. Plus it is false, he doesn't adhere to loyalty above all else. If Bud had an option he'd be in Norfolk, just as Chen was. Chen is deserving of more loyalty than Bud is. If Bud didn't have 4 M plus left on his contract he'd be DFA like De Aza.

I'm done talking about this. People have stupid ideas all the time, but by no means does that make them stupid. Furthermore, I don't get what satisfaction you get out of telling me what I think

Why go to a 6 man rotation when we're having trouble with a 5 man rotation. After watching the post game press conference, the writing is on the wall for Bud. Buck gave him half the season. Now it's time to win. He can still be a valuable piece on this team and probably earn a chance to start again later in the year with success out of the pen.

Ubaldo, Chen, Gonzo, Tillman, Gausman

Britton, O'day, Roe, Brach, Matusz, Hunter, Norris.

That leaves us with no options in the pen. But also with 3 guys in the rotation with options. Norris is going to have to eat innings and DD is going to have to juggle having to possibly option one of his starters if need be.

Archived