Maybe the tough roster decision will be to option Schoop

wildcard

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Lough enhanced his value to the O's during Jones time on the bench. He probably stays. Unless Dan trades for someone backup center that he better than Lough.

I don't know. I think that the fact that Buck want with a platoon in CF when Jones was out might show how unhappy he is with Lough's offense.

He turns a dp unlike any O's second baseman since Bobby Grich! Nobody relishes sliding in to second when he covers and has a rocket arm! Plus he has more power that Flaherty (who I do aknowledge has played well).

Schoop's best DP % was.781, Flaherty's was .773. Not much of a difference. As for people sliding into him, how do you think he got injured?

I think Buck uses Nolan in center about the way he would use Pearce at SS. Very, very infrequently.

Then Lough would have been starting in Center every day that Jones was out and Nolan would have only moved over if he had to pinch hit late for Lough or Lough got hurt.

Did you see the :rolleyes:?

I was one of the ones that didn't object to the idea of Hardy walking and Manny moving to short.

I was in favor of letting Hardy walk unless he agreed to move to 3B. Apparently, one of the negotiating points was assuring Hardy he would play 3B.

I don't know. I think that the fact that Buck want with a platoon in CF when Jones was out might show how unhappy he is with Lough's offense.

IMO Lough offense is not why he is on the team. Anything he hits is a bonus.

IMO Lough offense is not why he is on the team. Anything he hits is a bonus.

I figured that Lough was stone cold safe on the team since he was the only guy that could back up CF.

Obviously Buck doesn't feel that way or Nolan wouldn't have started in CF over him against lefties.

Did you see the :rolleyes:?

I was one of the ones that didn't object to the idea of Hardy walking and Manny moving to short.

Yeah I saw the rolleyes but figured a sharp guy like you would know I was agreeing with you! B :thumbsup1:

Schoop's best DP % was.781, Flaherty's was .773. Not much of a difference. As for people sliding into him, how do you think he got injured?

I thought he was injured by Napoli tripping him while running to first base?

If Pearce is kept on the team then he can spell Flaherty at 2B while Flaherty spells Hardy or Manny. That is what has happen since Flaherty came back and it seems to be working.

Pearce was not very good there and we lost a ton of games during that experiment. I would not want to see him there as Plan A in the midst of a pennant race.

I don't get the upside of optioning Schoop or Flaherty just to keep Reimold. Jones is back. Alvarez is a phone call away. Snider brings most of what Reimold brings (high OBP, average defense and power) and does not have bad splits against LHP. Reimold is basically a bench RH bat, but so is Pearce.

To me, the upside of Schoop turning double plays and hitting the occasional 3-run bomb is higher than Reimold. I like Flaherty as a guy who can come in off the bench for defense at any position while playing matchups and resting guys who need it. A bench with Pearce and Flaherty would give you a ton of options for offense and defense.

Archived