Things I Hate to See

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruz is heating back up....

Miller is off the DL...

Having Cruz was like giving ice cream to a little kid before dinner time. It was cheap and really good, but it did not last very long and spoiled us for the next season/dinner

Our pending free agents. There's no reason why we "have" to let every single one of them walk.

Which ones do you want to keep?

The Catcher who looks like he can't catch back to back games?

The First Baseman who is very streaky, has issues with the shift and K's a ton?

The Starting pitcher who is going to make huge bank?

The relief pitcher on the wrong side of 30 coming off a career year?

Which ones do you want to keep?

The Catcher who looks like he can't catch back to back games?

The First Baseman who is very streaky, has issues with the shift and K's a ton?

The Starting pitcher who is going to make huge bank?

The relief pitcher on the wrong side of 30 coming off a career year?

I think you have to re-sign O'day. Wieters you make a strong push for

Rather have any of them than a AAAA guy replacing them and there being a slim chance that said AAAA guy is above replacement level.

One of Chen/Wieters/Davis and O'Day would be okay. Two of those and O'Day would be awesome.

I agree. I think CD is gone though

Seems like the 8 players on their walk year is only concerned about next year and

no thought about the team this year that they are already paid for. All I know that I

have been a technician for 45 years and the company paid me $22 per hour and they

made me jump through hoops with quotas to keep my job, and I sit through an O's

game watching the players be so apathetic making millions of dollars and they can't

even do basic fundamentals. like hit sac flies, move a runner up to scoring position.

I can't understand why many people don't expect more from these primadonnas?

I am tired of the losing, I wish we trade all 8 of the player's to build the future faster!

Seems like the 8 players on their walk year is only concerned about next year and

no thought about the team this year that they are already paid for. All I know that I

have been a technician for 45 years and the company paid me $22 per hour and they

game watching the players be so apathetic making millions of dollars and they can't

even do basic fundamentals. like hit sac flies, move a runner up to scoring position.

I am tired of the losing, I wish we trade all 8 of the player's to build the future faster!

Do you think they realize the better they play this year, the more money they get in the off season?

So we lost 8 of 10 because we weren't trying hard enough? That's your gripe?

Grandma: "I hope you children see what a valuable waste of resources this has been."

Audrey: "He worked really hard on this Grandma."

Grandpa: "So do washing machines!"

I think you have to re-sign O'day. Wieters you make a strong push for
You don't have to resign anyone. Can is right, all of them will get contracts that will be, at best, production/dollar pushes. And none are big stars pushing the team to the playoffs. The strength of the Orioles is that they're mostly 2-win players, doesn't hurt so much when they fail, no so hard to replace with spare parts. You can't get too attached to any one of them outside of the 3+ win guys like Manny and Jones and maybe Schoop.

You don't have to resign anyone. Can is right, all of them will get contracts that will be, at best, production/dollar pushes. And none are big stars pushing the team to the playoffs. The strength of the Orioles is that they're mostly 2-win players, doesn't hurt so much when they fail, no so hard to replace with spare parts. You can't get too attached to any one of them outside of the 3+ win guys like Manny and Jones and maybe Schoop.

O'day is as big a part of this team as anyone else and way more valuable for our playoff aspirations than Schoop

O'day is as big a part of this team as anyone else and way more valuable for our playoff aspirations than Schoop

O'Day is as big a part of this team as Jones and Machado?

A guy that pitches 66 innings a year is way more valuable then a plus power/defense middle infielder who is nine years younger?

I don't want to give Jones, Machado or Schoop a three year deal when they will be entering their age 33 season.

A guy that pitches 66 innings a year is way more valuable then a plus power/defense middle infielder who is nine years younger?

I don't want to give Jones, Machado or Schoop a three year deal when they will be entering their age 33 season.

I used to love Randy Myers.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Waiver-Claim-Backfired-on-Padres-Despite-big-2997629.php

O'Day is absolutely more valuable than Schoop for our playoff aspirations this year. We have someone on the team that can do what Schoop does right now (Flahrety: less HR's but better average and the same level of defense). Nobody on this team has shown they can replicate what O'Day has been doing for the last 3+ seasons, except maybe Britton but he is the closer. I am not arguing that Schoop does not have brighter future with the team, but right now O'Day is just more valuable. And you need guys like O'Day to keep the team in games so that the Adam Jones' and Manny Machado's of the world can win you games.

Completely disagree, at least in the future. If the O's are going to compete in 2016 and beyond they need low cost value, they need Schoop to become a 3, 4, or more win player at $500k. O'Day is a 65 inning reliever who will be making $6-10M a year. Schoop just might be worth as much production as 2-3 O'Days while making 5% their salary. I would love to have O'Day back, but it's real hard to justify a 3/30 contract for a reliever.

Archived