Blue Jays Sign Vlad Jr./Roch Announces International Signings

Rene88

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/blue-jays-to-sign-vladimir-guerrero-jr.html

It might be a pleasant surprise to sign some higher priced international talent.

Roch mentioned 10 signees. I wonder if anyone of interest?

Note: The Orioles weren't inactive yesterday during the first day of international signings. Names should begin to surface later this afternoon.

I've heard that the roll call should include 10 players.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/blue-jays-to-sign-vladimir-guerrero-jr.html

It might be a pleasant surprise to sign some higher priced international talent.

Roch mentioned 10 signees. I wonder if anyone of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of which are not among the to 30 or so rated international 16 year olds. So comparing what we do to signing Vlad? That sets the comparison up for a fail. Will they have better careers than Vlad? One of the ten? Probably.

There was an interesting article at Baseball America that analyzed the teams that had spent so much internationally last year that they forfeited two years of signing slots and could not spend above $300k on any prospect AND the teams projected to do the same this year.

The author, Ben Badler, estimated there would only be about 15 teams capable of using their slots in 2016-2017 and that among those teams were several teams that did not traditionally invest a lot internationally. I believe the author concluded that about 10 teams could divide up the lion's share of international talent among themselves next year and that there could be a pretty decent crop of Cubans among that group. The way I read it, a team that decided to blow out its international draft slots and incur penalties next year would probably collect as great or a greater talent haul than the teams overspending last year and this one.

The Os will almost certainly be a team with a full or near full assortment of its slots and the ability to take advantage of this possible market situation next year. Of course, there has been little interest in spending at the high end of the international market to this point, but the projection is that there will exist an opportunity for a massive infusion of international talent next year for the team willing to spend.

Archived