Oriole International Signings 2015

Can_of_corn

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we learn anything from some random Venezuelan names? Our media can't get any quotes or find out if we spent anything on these guys - like maybe there is a Jomar Reyes in the group?

Maybe someday soon these guys can move up the chain and we don't have so much filler that we start a 29 year old at Bowie and a 26 year old in Frederick like we did last night. I can't remember looking up our minor league box scores and seeing so few guys worth tracking.

Do we learn anything from some random Venezuelan names? Our media can't get any quotes or find out if we spent anything on these guys - like maybe there is a Jomar Reyes in the group?

Maybe someday soon these guys can move up the chain and we don't have so much filler that we start a 29 year old at Bowie and a 26 year old in Frederick like we did last night. I can't remember looking up our minor league box scores and seeing so few guys worth tracking.

But Norfolk and Bowie are doing great in the standings!

But Norfolk and Bowie are doing great in the standings!

LOL. Thanks Corn. This was great. That other thread was insanity. I just gave up. Not sure what to say to someone who thinks winning translates to top prospects.

It is nice to see us winning though. I love minor league baseball and a culture of winning is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Thanks Corn. This was great. That other thread was insanity. I just gave up. Not sure what to say to someone who thinks winning translates to top prospects.

It is nice to see us winning though. I love minor league baseball and a culture of winning is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is certainly good for the neighborhoods with the teams. Would be nice to see Aberdeen get a winner.

I totally agree with you. New names seem to appear daily but none of them are high profile or high projection.

Clearly it hurts that 3 of our top names are on the shelf at the moment - Bundy, Harvey, Reyes. It also doesn't help that guys that I really want to succeed - I'm looking at you Urrutia and you Almanzar - aren't tearing the cover off anything. Come on guys, distance yourselves from the pack. Give us something to really get excited about.

Who is anyone really excited about in our system? I mean Bundy/Harvey/Reyes were really the guys. Cisco if he can find a place in the field and his bat continues to improve. Any other impact players that I'm not aware of? I don't mean guys that can contribute (ie the 75 man roster). I'm talking about difference makers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> signings: Venezuela: Cs Juan Alvarado, Fernando Ayala; SS Kipper Briendo, Jose Sanchez; OFs Frank Gonzalez, Wamach Males...</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="ro" dir="ltr">...and C/1B Carlos Mendez. Dominican Republic: 3B Bryan Ciriaco and OF Marcos Estevez. Cuba: OF Romero Reynier <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

And...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last week, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> signed Cuban 1B Yaisel Mederos. 6-4, 230 pounds. Plus hitter and power. RH. 25 years old.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Anyone particularly notable?

Mederos does not really impress me that much. A .260ish hitter with only 12 homers. Not impressed!

Archived