Happy 24th Birthday Manny Machado

TonySoprano

Trout got 6/$144.5 mil. I'd offer Manny 6/$120 mil. At the rate he's going, he'll be a top 5 MVP candidate this year and likely play all 162. Hopefully Angelos doesn't get cheap with the future franchise star.

Trout got 6/$144.5 mil. I'd offer Manny 6/$120 mil. At the rate he's going, he'll be a top 5 MVP candidate this year and likely play all 162. Hopefully Angelos doesn't get cheap with the future franchise star.

Please don't tempt the baseball gods with statements like that. We all need to pray that Manny's injuries are behind him.

Agreed. Maybe buy out Arb years (5/10/15) and 4 FA years @ 25 for 7/$130? Lots of financial security and still can get a FA contract after.
He'd never go for that. I think the best way to go is offer 10 years with a 5th year opt out for him. You can buy out his arb years and 2 of his FA years at a reasonable AAV. Then he gets expensive. He has to choose between getting maybe 30 M plus AAV on the FA market to maybe 25 AAV M from the O's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Elias: Machado is 3rd player this year to lead off 1st inning with HR on his birthday. Also De Aza (April 11) and Brandon Phillips (June 28)</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 11 months later...

We already have a happy 24 to Manny thread. Unnecessary zombie bump.

We already had a Machado birthday thread in the first place. We've had other birthday threads bumped with the thread titles changed by the moderators to correspond with the players' current ages.

Unnecessary attitude from El Gordo.

We already had a Machado birthday thread in the first place. We've had other birthday threads bumped with the thread titles changed by the moderators to correspond with the players' current ages.

Unnecessary attitude from El Gordo.

I actually looked to see if there was an old Manny birthday thread before I started mine, but decided not to use this one because it referred to his 23rd birthday in the title and I didn't want to mislead anyone into thinking he was just turning 23 today. It would be fine with me if the mods merge the two threads and take "23rd" out of the title of this one. It's not a big deal either way.

Archived