Update on Chance Sisco

Aglets

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At some point they need to find him a position.

Yeah that's another surprising part of this. Either he needs time to learn a new position or time to develop his catching. He's not a guy I'd think you would want to promote aggressively.

Then again, I know jack about player development.

Yeah that's another surprising part of this. Either he needs time to learn a new position or time to develop his catching. He's not a guy I'd think you would want to promote aggressively.

Then again, I know jack about player development.

Sisco's average, if he had qualified, would have been tied for second in the Carolina League and his .387 obp would have been fourth. He is not being promoted aggressively.

He had the only hit of the night for the BaySox tonight.

At some point they need to find him a position.

Is catcher a lost cause for him? If he can't catch at the MLB level where do you see him playing? 1B, 3B or corner OF? Have not seen him play so curious what you think.

I go to Bowie about 10x a year and have a trip or two left likely. Looking forward to seeing him play there.

Now, he can be in the AFL for more than just the taxi squad.

Yup. You nailed it. He can get back some of those AB's he missed earlier in the year. Plus we'll be able to judge him against top competition. I'd expect he'd be joined by Mancini and Miranda. With Gunkel, Bridwell, Lee, Yaz, and Dosch being in the mix from AA. Also the cuban 1B Yaisel Mederos could be promoted to Bowie for the same reason soon. Just to get some more AB's in the AFL. Frederick is kind of barren for the taxi squad player option. Maybe Josh Hart or Hess.

Sisco's average, if he had qualified, would have been tied for second in the Carolina League and his .387 obp would have been fourth. He is not being promoted aggressively.

He had the only hit of the night for the BaySox tonight.

You'll notice my post said nothing about his hitting.

Archived