What's The Most Impactful Move The Orioles Can Make In Their Postseason Push?

PressBoxOnline

I feel there area a lot of twists and turns in this article.

1) The outfield is a work in progress, but an acquisition would just add to the clutter. Really? Doesn't sound like a well thought solution to me.

2) Matusz and Hunter are on the way out but $8.8m free agent to be Norris is not.

That seems like fuzzy logic but it might be true he can be impactful if Norris is able to produce in his new reliever position.

1) The outfield is a work in progress, but an acquisition would just add to the clutter. Really? Doesn't sound like a well thought solution to me.

2) Matusz and Hunter are on the way out but $8.8m free agent to be Norris is not.

That seems like fuzzy logic but it might be true he can be impactful if Norris is able to produce in his new reliever position.

Matusz and Hunter might be easier to deal than Norris and Norris could very well be more effective in the pen than either. He doesn't cost 8 M now, more like 4.4M.

Matusz and Hunter might be easier to deal than Norris and Norris could very well be more effective in the pen than either. He doesn't cost 8 M now, more like 4.4M.

Matusz could probably be the easier to deal, just from his being a lefty and so many teams are looking for lefty help.

In the article Stan states the annual salaries of Matusz and Hunter. I am just staying with the theme established by Stan.

This might be a copout answer, but the biggest move the O's COULD make for 2015 is a trade for Cueto or Hamels. But I haven't heard a single person who actually thinks that might happen.

Isn't Cueto hurting?

Not sure Hamels is back to being hisself, either.

This might be a copout answer, but the biggest move the O's COULD make for 2015 is a trade for Cueto or Hamels. But I haven't heard a single person who actually thinks that might happen.

I think Gausman will get a chance to show what he can do in the rotation before Dan thinks about going after a SP. And if he does, it won't be Cueto or Hames :) I could be wrong though.

Subtracting those two- better late than never. That's number one on my list, with a COF as number 2.

In the article Stan states the annual salaries of Matusz and Hunter. I am just staying with the theme established by Stan.
I don't understand your point. Matusz and Hunter are cheaper and serviceable RP, that we don't necessarily need, whereas Norris at 4.4M is expensive for a RP, but of little value as a SP. He might be of more value to us than what we might get in trade.

A mega deal with the A's.

Kazmir, Reddick and Zobrist

Bundy, Snider, Lough, Garcia, and 2 of Wright/Wilson/Davies/Bridwell/Kline/Givens

Bundy has little value with his injury situation. What does Oakland want with Snider and Lough?

Archived