Low Point of the Season?

Bahama O's Fan

From 18-5 to 2-8. From a great bullpen to one that lost three or four games during this stretch. From a chance to put some distance between us and the rest of the division to going from seven over .500 to one over. This is a rather down time.

I guess the glass half full view is that we've played at a .600 winning percentage over the last 33 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a tough 10 days. The team has played 16 days in a row. Get tomorrow off, come home, try to hang with the Nats for three days, rest up during the all-star break, and hope we can put together a strong second half. We have played poorly for ten days, but haven't played our way out of the race by any stretch of the imagination.

This series reminds me of the Cubs series last year around this time. Now' date=' will we rebound? Has it been lower? Will it get any lower?[/quote']

At least in the CHC series our bed was made, we knew we were good regardless. Now we have much greater uncertainty.

It's been a tough 10 days. The team has played 16 days in a row. Get tomorrow off, come home, try to hang with the Nats for three days, rest up during the all-star break, and hope we can put together a strong second half. We have played poorly for ten days, but haven't played our way out of the race by any stretch of the imagination.

We can play mediocre ball and stay in it until 10/1/15, who knows?

Just too bad that we chose a stretch of last 8 games where our pitching was under 2 ERA to just STB offensively- going 2-6 during this stretch is really hard to swallow, particularly as we could have put some space in the division. They will play better but it is going to be a multi team race the whole year - given how badly streaky the Os are, I don't see them pulling a second half like last year- much less consistent.

Yeah, I'd actually rather lose 100 games than win 84 and miss the playoffs.

No way. 2012-Present > 1998-2011 and it's not even close. Who in their right mind would rather lose 100 games than have a winning team? INSANITY.

No way. 2012-Present > 1998-2011 and it's not even close. Who in their right mind would rather lose 100 games than have a winning team? INSANITY.

Uh, don't think I said that I'd prefer 1998-2011 over 2012-present. Reading comprehension is key.

And when did we even lose 100 games in a season between 1998-2011?

I'd rather lose 100 games and get a #1 overall pick than win 84, miss the playoffs, and get the 20th or so pick.

Archived