Morosi: Dombrowski to Toronto or La-La?

weams

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/detroit-tigers-dave-dombrowski-general-manager-071015

● Angels general manager: Following the recent discord between the front office and manager Mike Scioscia, one key attribute for the next GM in Anaheim is an ability to coexist with a strong personality in the dugout. Dombrowski enjoyed a productive relationship with the old-school Jim Leyland in Florida and Detroit, winning one World Series and three league pennants.

Could this be Dombrowski's final year as Tigers GM?

● Blue Jays president: Dombrowski has ties to Canada, having served as general manager of the Montreal Expos early in his career. He also interviewed for the Blue Jays' GM vacancy in the fall of 2001 before accepting the job as Tigers president. Now that Rogers Communications Inc. -- which owns the Blue Jays -- has hired Rick Brace as the new president of its media division, Rogers can move forward with the process of identifying a successor to outgoing Blue Jays president Paul Beeston.

Seems like Toronto would be a better gig for him--Prez & GM.

Maybe DiPoto to DET.

I think Moreno would give him the same. And I do not think Toronto is going to replace Beeston with a GM too. I think they will fire Anthopoulos and let the new President select a GM.

Archived