I hate sac bunts

Ori-Al

Overall, a horribly mismanaged game by Buck then.

He has to know they are going to bring in a lefty for Paredes. So why bunt just to give Jones a chance? It was worth giving them that out? For all we know he walks the bases loaded.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thankfully Buck doesn't do dumb stuff every day like Mike Scosia.

But Scioscia won a WS.

My dad would say in spite of himself and thanks in no small part to some guy named Spiezeo. Of course, he smashed a big HR in the series vs the Giants when he played with the Angels. Now, he just smashes his neighbors windows as a way of reliving the glory days.

I might be making up that last bit, but it does seem he isn't aging gracefully away from baseball and has an anger problem to say the least.

Okay, I must be high because I thought bunting was a good idea. Runners on first and second with no outs. Do I have that right? A bunt will move the runners. If he hits into a DP as we often do we get nothing.

WHAT KIND OF BASEBALL DO YOU PLAY?

lou-piniella-press-pizza.jpg

But Scioscia won a WS.

My dad would say in spite of himself and thanks in no small part to some guy named Spiezeo. Of course, he smashed a big HR in the series vs the Giants when he played with the Angels. Now, he just smashes his neighbors windows as a way of reliving the glory days.

I might be making up that last bit, but it does seem he isn't aging gracefully away from baseball and has an anger problem to say the least.

Wow, I hadn't heard that stuff about Spiezeo. What a mess.

The execution was more to blame than anything. Bunting at a ball was a mistake on Parmalee's part, and if the bunt was called from the dugout, Joseph should have had a bigger lead and never been thrown out at third. The bunt itself was good enough to advance the runners.

I love Buck. Love him. But, assuming the bunt was called from the dugout (which I think is a good assumption), it was one of the more stunningly poor managerial decisions I've ever seen Buck make. Their pitcher had walked 3 of the 5 batters he faced. Why on planet Earth are we giving him an out? Was furious at the game last night.

Buck said he had Parmelee bunt to keep the pitcher with poor control in the game. He was counting on Jones or Paredes coming through vs. a guy with poor control. Jones hit a soft grounder. Gnats brought in a lefty to face Paredes, who hit a fly ball out.

Buck said he had Parmelee bunt to keep the pitcher with poor control in the game. He was counting on Jones or Paredes coming through vs. a guy with poor control. Jones hit a soft grounder. Gnats brought in a lefty to face Paredes, who hit a fly ball out.

I find that to be faulty logic. Did the Nats have someone right handed up in the pen at the time?

I find that to be faulty logic. Did the Nats have someone right handed up in the pen at the time?

I agree. Here's Buck in Roch's wrapup from last night.

"There's a lot of factors that figure into it," Showalter said. "I wanted to try to keep the guy that was struggling with his command in the ballgame. Try to get the game to two of our better hitters with Adam and Jimmy, who's been swinging the bat well tonight. Didn't want them to make a pitching change."

That is what I can't remember but even if they did the righty would have been used for Jones only since Paredes was on deck.

Archived