Schmuck "Os primed for quiet trade deadline"

Roll Tide

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some team would take a chance on Bundy thinking he could be their future ace.

Sure, they may take him but not for anything of value. No GM is going to trade a solid major league player for a guy who has had multiple major shoulder injuries and has barely been able to pitch the last 3 years.

People seem to not realize that, in addition to his $4 million bonus, Bundy has been receiving a salary of $1.245 million a year. Any team that trades for him will pay him more than a million dollars next season with no assurance that he will even be able to throw a baseball. Even if he can pitch, he will have to remain in the majors all season, where he would be an untested reliever. If he ever starts a game in the big leagues, it may not be until 2017.

What could he possibly bring in return?

Now is not the time to trade Bundy. The O's would by selling him at his lowest possible value. I could see them standing pat and trying to fill their needs from within the organization. Although, there's a chance they could trade Norris to a team who needs a number five starter. Houston? They would need to eat some dollars though.

Now is not the time to trade Bundy. The O's would by selling him at his lowest possible value. I could see them standing pat and trying to fill their needs from within the organization. Although, there's a chance they could trade Norris to a team who needs a number five starter. Houston? They would need to eat some dollars though.

Eating money to deal Norris would be better than what they are eating now by pitching him. And even if he turns it around, he's not all that good.

People seem to not realize that, in addition to his $4 million bonus, Bundy has been receiving a salary of $1.245 million a year. Any team that trades for him will pay him more than a million dollars next season with no assurance that he will even be able to throw a baseball. Even if he can pitch, he will have to remain in the majors all season, where he would be an untested reliever. If he ever starts a game in the big leagues, it may not be until 2017.

What could he possibly bring in return?

That is incorrect. The contract you are referring to runs from 2011-2015.

Not that paying him 1.245M is much different then paying 550K.

Sure, they may take him but not for anything of value. No GM is going to trade a solid major league player for a guy who has had multiple major shoulder injuries and has barely been able to pitch the last 3 years.

Pretty sure it has only been one shoulder injury. Last year his season ended with an injury to his latissimus dorsi, which is a muscle in the back.

Eating money to deal Norris would be better than what they are eating now by pitching him. And even if he turns it around, he's not all that good.

But would we get anything of value for Norris? I don't see anyone trotting him out, even for free. He has been an absolute disaster all year. Then again, we get nothing if we just outright release him.

But I absolutely don't want to trade a young prospect for some late inning rental reliever. I think we're going to rue the day we traded E-Rod for Andrew Miller. We got absolutely fleeced in that deal.

But would we get anything of value for Norris? I don't see anyone trotting him out, even for free. He has been an absolute disaster all year. Then again, we get nothing if we just outright release him.

But I absolutely don't want to trade a young prospect for some late inning rental reliever. I think we're going to rue the day we traded E-Rod for Andrew Miller. We got absolutely fleeced in that deal.

With his impending free agency I agree that he doesn't seem like a good choice to take a flyer on. Unless you could get him on a MiLB deal.

If we trade Norris and cash for a can of beans we get a roster spot for someone else (TJ, Wilson, Givens).

When you limit yourself to one avenue for bringing in players to stock your minor leagues, you don't typically have a lot to trade at the deadline. Especially, when you have a history of overpaying.

One trade is a history of overpaying?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That is incorrect. The contract you are referring to runs from 2011-2015.

Not that paying him 1.245M is much different then paying 550K.

True. But I don't think he can be cut to 550k. He can only be cut a certain percentage and it will be a tad under a million he makes.

Peter is dead wrong on this. The Orioles will be very active this year at the deadline. Dan has already said that they will. The last two weeks should make it very clear that the Orioles need some more players if they are going to reach the playoffs. Every one except Gausman and Wilson should be on the table to trade.

I can understand Gausman but why Wilson? He isn't a top prospect and doesn't profile as well as a bullpen arm.

Archived