Any chance we see Pearce and Snider in the lineup every day for a while?

mdbdotcom

I do think this revolving door of players isn't helping any of them. Buck is doing is best to try to get each guy enough at bats so they aren't rusty but then the question is just how productive can any of them be not getting consistent at bats? DeAza has hit well in Boston, is that because he has played more consistently? I want to be clear I agreed with letting him go. I look at Reimold and when they first called him up I figured he would play everyday but then right after Parmelee was called up and got hot taking at bats away. Other than Parmelee none of these players are getting consistent playing time.

I'd be fine with Alvarez playing everyday and Pearce/Parm platooning. Snider should be behind Lough in the OF depth chart. I don't see any upside with Snider.

It could be amusing, in a morbid sort of way, to see Alvarez playing everyday. Who do you DFA for him? Keep in mind the O's still have 26 guys on the 25 man roster.

This is the most appealing scenario for me. I was big on Snider too. However, I don't thinkBuck was ever that big on him. His slow start certainly didn't help him get more playing time. Of our current left field options, Pearce is the one who has the best chance of turning it around. Davis is okay in right field in our ballpark but I don't think I would stick him there when we go to Detroit.one or more of our outfielders is going to have to step up because don't see us getting help elsewhere.

Wouldn't mind seeing Pearce full time in LF. I'm okay with sticking with Parmelle at 1B and Davis in RF. Can't stand watching Snider swing through or late on every half way decent fastball. Another move I was okay with at the time but regret now.
I agree 100% with this one.

Archived