Hold or Sell but FTLOG Don't Buy

FanSince88

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a bit revisionist. One sentence is factual in this. Correct you said no One has ever accepted. But in any discussion about QO you bring it up and push it as if no one will. Saying the union won't allow it and other things.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You think the union supports qualifying offers? Or do you think they would love to break the back of that provision?

You think the union supports qualifying offers? Or do you think they would love to break the back of that provision?

It is much better than the system before it. And I doubt the union has much sympathy for Steven Drew for not accepting a QO and then stinking the next years.

How exactly would they break the back of the provision?

It is much better than the system before it. And I doubt the union has much sympathy for Steven Drew for not accepting a QO and then stinking the next years.

How exactly would they break the back of the provision?

I respect your position here. I think next CBA that the Union wants no compensation as the starting point.

Let's say the Yankees run away with the division. Then we're competing with the Rays, Jays, Sox, Tigers, Astros and Twins for the two wild card spots. Getting a vet bet and a reliever won't be crippling to the farm.

The Yankees are all but guaranteed to fade down the stretch (a lot of mileage on that lineup). In my opinion, it's a wide-open division. The Orioles have the talent to win it, but will they have the attitude? Will Buck S figure out the back of the bullpen?

What could we get for Chen at the deadliine? Not saying that I'm advocating for that, but we'd still have Ubaldo, Gonzo, Tillman, Gausman, Norris. Norris haha. But I don't think he's going anywhere anyway. What about these deals...

Chen to NYY for A.Judge OF or Luis Servino RHP

Chen to Cubs for Mckinney OF

Chen to Hou for one of Singleton, Phillips, Tucker or Appel. Maybe 2?

Chen and Davis for Puig. I like this one the best.

I am a proponent of selling at this point as I am of the opinion that even if we make the playoffs I don't think we will get far. Also, unless we make a flurry of free agency moves I think next week won't be a great season and will be of a rebuilding nature.

What I am wondering is, would we be better off trading Chen and Davis or offering them a qualifying offer and getting the comp picks. Any thoughts?

I am a proponent of selling at this point as I am of the opinion that even if we make the playoffs I don't think we will get far. Also, unless we make a flurry of free agency moves I think next week won't be a great season and will be of a rebuilding nature.

What I am wondering is, would we be better off trading Chen and Davis or offering them a qualifying offer and getting the comp picks. Any thoughts?

I am all for the pics myself. And the Money to sign the picks.

What could we get for Chen at the deadliine? Not saying that I'm advocating for that, but we'd still have Ubaldo, Gonzo, Tillman, Gausman, Norris. Norris haha. But I don't think he's going anywhere anyway. What about these deals...

Chen to NYY for A.Judge OF or Luis Servino RHP

Chen to Cubs for Mckinney OF

Chen to Hou for one of Singleton, Phillips, Tucker or Appel. Maybe 2?

Chen and Davis for Puig. I like this one the best.

Why would we trade Chen to our main competitor for the division title?

I would trade Chen to the Cubs for McKinney in a heartbeat.

In the Houston situation, I'd try to get 2 of those guys. Maybe Phillips and Appel. Appel has been pretty terrible but obviously has talent. I seriously doubt Houston would do that, though.

No way LAD gives up Puig for 2 guys who will be FAs at the end of the year.

Why would we trade Chen to our main competitor for the division title?

I would trade Chen to the Cubs for McKinney in a heartbeat.

In the Houston situation, I'd try to get 2 of those guys. Maybe Phillips and Appel. Appel has been pretty terrible but obviously has talent.

No way LAD gives up Puig for 2 guys who will be FAs at the end of the year.

There is a narrative out there that Mattingly wants Puig gone.

Even so, they could do much better than Davis and Chen for him. Where would Davis even play for them?

They can stick Davis in RF. This is the type of trade the O's should look into making. Selling and Buying. I'm just afraid we'd probably have to do Chen, Davis and O'day for Puig. I'd rather we do something like that than just end up with picks 35 and 36 in the draft. We could still buy a vet starter and reliever before the Aug 31st deadline if we're somehow in it. We just shouldn't get nothing for those 3 guys.

Even so, they could do much better than Davis and Chen for him. Where would Davis even play for them?

The only way they wouldn't do better than two expiring contracts would be if Duquette was the only GM in MLB unaware that Puig had warrants for his arrest and extradition out in 26 different countries. (Just so no confusion, I have no knowledge of high crimes or misdemeanors committed by Puig in any country. It was just a scenario that would lead to the Dodgers trading Puig for three wins worth of value.)

Archived