John Oliver: You don't want a New Sports Stadium in Your City

weams

I am a big fan of stand-up comedy. I find it annoying that I often have to leave Baltimore to see my favorite national performers because there isn't a decent club that touring stand-ups play in Baltimore. That doesn't mean that I think that the citizens of Baltimore or Maryland should give the owners of the Improv, Zainies or Helium comedy club chains $1 million to open a club in Baltimore. If it was profitable to run a comedy club in Baltimore then one would likely exist by now. Public financing of stadiums is the same thing on a larger scale.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a big fan of stand-up comedy. I find it annoying that I often have to leave Baltimore to see my favorite national performers because there isn't a decent club that touring stand-ups play in Baltimore. That doesn't mean that I think that the citizens of Baltimore or Maryland should give the owners of the Improv, Zainies or Helium comedy club chains $1 million to open a club in Baltimore. If it was profitable to run a comedy club in Baltimore then one would likely exist by now. Public financing of stadiums is the same thing on a larger scale.

[video=youtube;RFlCD5CYAcU]

Archived