Pete Rose Tonight

weams

I think the title still goes to Hal Chase, who was probably involved in actually throwing dozens of games in the 1910s before finally being told to never come back. But Rose certainly is in the top five or ten, along with several Black Sox, the Louisville guys from 1877, and maybe Dick Higham (the only umpire ever banned for life).

Or Richie Garcia?

10996ball1003139-525x415.jpg

Came looking for a thread on this. He's been a nightmare on the telecast so far. Trying to say he didn't slam into Fosse, that it was only his leg onto his shoulder as he was trying to slide...

The way the game was played in those days, I doubt anyone would have had a problem with the way Rose slammed into Fosse if it had been a game that counted. That kind of stuff happened a lot. It's just that it shouldn't have happened in an essentially meaningless exhibition.

The way the game was played in those days, I doubt anyone would have had a problem with the way Rose slammed into Fosse if it had been a game that counted. That kind of stuff happened a lot. It's just that it shouldn't have happened in an essentially meaningless exhibition.

Well yeah, exactly. If it were a game that counted I doubt anyone would say a thing. However, it didn't mean anything. Also that fact that he tried to say it was just his knee that slammed into his shoulder is ludicrous. They were showing the replay while he was talking and I don't think he knew that.

Well yeah, exactly. If it were a game that counted I doubt anyone would say a thing. However, it didn't mean anything. Also that fact that he tried to say it was just his knee that slammed into his shoulder is ludicrous. They were showing the replay while he was talking and I don't think he knew that.

Rose has the moral compass of a 2-year-old. Maybe worse. My kid spits at his brother, I tell him not to spit at his brother, and he says "I didn't spit at my brother." I say "I just watched you do it three seconds ago!" That's Pete Rose.

Rose has the moral compass of a 2-year-old. Maybe worse. My kid spits at his brother, I tell him not to spit at his brother, and he says "I didn't spit at my brother." I say "I just watched you do it three seconds ago!" That's Pete Rose.

If you offered your kid a dollar to admit he spit would he accept?

I think the title still goes to Hal Chase, who was probably involved in actually throwing dozens of games in the 1910s before finally being told to never come back. But Rose certainly is in the top five or ten, along with several Black Sox, the Louisville guys from 1877, and maybe Dick Higham (the only umpire ever banned for life).

LOL, I know, I am old, but that is a bit before my time.

Archived