Wesley Wright DFA (Released)

Can_of_corn

Duquette deserves an F for this past offseason. In a critical year, he whiffed several times.

Many people might agree with you. Build a better team on 120 million with no additional years of obligation beyond what Dan has on the books. There may be a future for you in an MLB front office if you can. I can't.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh, Washington is pretty stacked and will be over the next few years. But why worry about them? They are not our competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington has a nice club. But those folk predicting the future whiffed on Detroit and Boston and San Diego. I am just saying that there is a very good chance we will be as good next season. On far less money. Because we have far less.

Washington has a nice club. But those folk predicting the future whiffed on Detroit and Boston and San Diego. I am just saying that there is a very good chance we will be as good next season. On far less money. Because we have far less.

Are you saying Detroit is out of it in 2015? If we lost yesterday and had Detroit's current record would you call the season a whiff?

Everything I have read on Dipoto has me convinced he could be difference maker as a GM. Of course that is IF he is allowed to do his job. Now, reading this just sucks. I know if I were Dipoto and had a choice between these 2 jobs well.....

Not saying LaCava or someone else wouldn't be good but I had Dipoto at the top of the list. Oh well. Can't anything go the O's way? Don't answer that...I know, I know.

We are all often wrong in our guesses and predictions of gloom here and success elsewhere. I am not happy with this season so far. But it is soon August and I am still watching.

Are you saying Detroit is out of it in 2015? If we lost yesterday and had Detroit's current record would you call the season a whiff?

Of course not. I like Detroit. The may get back in it like we will. Some folks thought Detroit was going to win 120 games. That's all.

Of course not. I like Detroit. The may get back in it like we will. Some folks thought Detroit was going to win 120 games. That's all.

For some reason Detroit has had the fatal flaw of not having a good bullpen for years now. That's something that DD and Buck have really built here in Baltimore. With the exception of 2013, we win games when we are ahead late.

Wright is $1.7M, how much are Hunter and Matusz.

Andrew Miller makes $10 million a year, right? 4 Year deal?

Been saying this offseason. It especially stands out with our starters not being able to go 6. We need 4 reliable late inning guys. I'm too lazy to look right now but I know are starters have lost a lot of games for us in the 5th and 6th innings for us this year. It's fine to have that type of rotation. But you have to have a dominant pen and a quick trigger to hook the starters.

The key to the Yankees success? Their bullpen. Point just made on the telecast.

Who did the Yankees acquire in the offseason while we sat on our hands faxing Matusz's option papers?

Adnrew Miller. Sometimes good talent is worth the money. The AL East is as weak as it has been in years. You should have gone for the jugular!

The key to the Yankees success? Their bullpen. Point just made on the telecast.

Who did the Yankees acquire in the offseason while we sat on our hands faxing Matusz's option papers?

Adnrew Miller. Sometimes good talent is worth the money. The AL East is as weak as it has been in years. You should have gone for the jugular!

How many more games would the O's have won with Miller in the bullpen?

My guess is maybe one more, one of the ones against the Yankees because Miller wasn't pitching for them.

Wright is $1.7M, how much are Hunter and Matusz.

Andrew Miller makes $10 million a year, right? 4 Year deal?

The problem with the "we should have signed Miller" argument is that the Yankees, once they decided not to bring Robertson back, almost certainly were willing to pay Miller whatever it took. The Orioles getting into a bidding war with the Yankees would be like a Western country getting into a land war in Southeast Asia. You're not gonna win. You might make the Yankees spend a little more, but so what?

With hindsight, if I had known how weak the division was going to be this year, I would have favored signing Cruz for four years to have him in the lineup this year, even if it meant using him as a PH in the last year or two of his contract. But I think Miller was out of our reach.

Archived