SABR: July 13, 1991: Four Orioles Pitchers Combine For Nno-hitter Against A's

Can_of_corn

http://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/july-13-1991-four-orioles-pitchers-combine-no-hitter-against

Watched this one.

Williamson was finished. He later said, "If you look at my history against these guys, you'll see that for me to give up one hit in an inning is doing good. When my turn was over, I just said, 'Thank God, I'm done.'"
Tony LaRussa tried to characterize the moment, saying, "I think it was kind of strange for them. Everybody congratulated different people. Nobody knew who to shake hands with. But it all counts."

Great game.

I was lucky enough to catch this one on the radio to it!

I listen to or watch probably 140 or more games every year since the mid 70s but I missed this one. I think I was in New Hampshire at the time.

So I have still never witnessed an Oriole no hitter.

The other most notable game I know I missed was when Hoiles hit 2 grand slams... Was that in Cleveland I think?

That was the summer I stayed in Blacksburg to take some extra classes, and I watched it on TV. I think that's the only Oriole no-hitter I've ever watched. The only other I've seen was Nolan Ryan's in '81. Which I think happened to be a Saturday game of the week.

Never went to summer session but I've heard it was great. Fantastic weather, all the perks of being on college campus but with just a few thousand people instead of 30,000..

Archived