Should Dan sign Darren O'Day to a 2 or 3 year deal?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many more years will we have Britton? If we have him for 3 more years, it would be nice to have O'Day just as long, and at least you're really only paying one of them a ton of money. Britton won't be cheap in arbitration, but I have to wonder if he'll get as much through arbitration as O'Day will via free agency. The cumulative investment between the two of them might be worth it.

How many more years will we have Britton? If we have him for 3 more years, it would be nice to have O'Day just as long, and at least you're really only paying one of them a ton of money. Britton won't be cheap in arbitration, but I have to wonder if he'll get as much through arbitration as O'Day will via free agency. The cumulative investment between the two of them might be worth it.

Well next year will be his second crack at arbitration so he will probably be making over six million next year. Assuming he does well that would put him in the 10 million range as an arb 3. I don't know what the record is for an arbitration reward is for a RP but I have to think an arb 4 Britton would have a shot at breaking it.

Darren is going to be 33 years old at the end of the season. A three year deal is gonna be a reach. But risks bring rewards sometimes. Im sure they're thinking about taking a long look at Givens in the second half.

Not like he is a starter and expected to throw 200+ innings.

Archived