Should Dan sign Darren O'Day to a 2 or 3 year deal?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Britton is a super 2 and a Boras client.

While I love what his unique skillset brings to the table I question what the financial costs of keeping him long term would be.

What would you be willing to pay to keep him with the team?

I would trade Britton in a second if the offer is right. He's just going to be far too expensive for a closer. Let the Dodgers or somebody who can afford to invest that much in a closer take him.

• 8 months later...

Los Angeles heavily pursued Orioles setup man Darren O’Day when he was a free agent over the winter, reports Shaikin. President of baseball operations Andrew Friedman went so far as to have conversations with O’Day, not just his agent, but the 33-year-old elected to re-sign with Baltimore on a four-year, $31MM pact. “As persuasive as Andrew Friedman is, and the Dodgers are a great franchise, it’s a long way from home,” said O’Day. “If I was a single guy, I’d probably be wearing white and blue.” The Dodgers have shuffled through several eighth-inning options this year, as Shaikin writes, which perhaps could have been avoided had they landed O’Day.

MLBTR

You think Brach brings you back any sort of quality starter or bat?

Go back and see what the O's gave up for him.

To be fair, the Orioles would probably get a good deal more in return than they originally traded for (a minor league washout). Still probably not all that much. Maybe a "B" level prospect.

To be fair, the Orioles would probably get a good deal more in return than they originally traded for (a minor league washout). Still probably not all that much. Maybe a "B" level prospect.

To be fair, that quote was from last August.

But yes, I did underestimate Brach.

Archived