vs. Tigers 7/18

ArtVanDelay

o

(CHRIS TILLMAN)

8 shutout innings.

1 hit (a single.)

1 walk, 8 strikeouts.

Worked with the slimmest of margins (the Orioles scored 1 run in the 3rd inning, and didn't score again until the 9th inning.)

Has not lost a game since May 31st.

In that time frame (since May 31st), his ERA has gone down by almost a full run (5.94 to 4.96), and his WHIP has gone down from 1.642 to 1.449.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disagree re: the RF fence. When they lowered the wall, they added the fencing/railing to the top. It's essentially an extension of the wall, however it's considered out of play.

Right I get that but it is over the fence in the air. If Manny hit that ball off the green fence in the air it is a home run. In RF at Camden there is no chance of a ball boy bouncing back in RF.

But that ball bounced this inning, no ball is gonna bounce that much at Camden in RF.

Like I said.. it's not apples to oranges because of the type of wall, but the rule that you're criticizing is exactly the same at camden yards. From the stance that you're taking, any ball that hits the RF railing at OPACY on the fly and bounces back in should not be a HR.

Like I said.. it's not apples to oranges because of the type of wall, but the rule that you're criticizing is exactly the same at camden yards. From the stance that you're taking, any ball that hits the RF railing at OPACY on the fly and bounces back in should not be a HR.

You are missing my point. I have no issue with the Tigers grounds rule. My point is the fence in RF is too high for a ball to bounce that high. Manny's hit bounced over that can't happen in RF at Camden. Impossible.

Fantastic performance by the Tillmeister!

It's really all about the velocity with him, IMO. Whenever he's sitting at 93 like he was today he's tough to hit. I really wish they could figure out a way to make him more consistently that way.

Extra rest.

Archived