Dodgers - Issues at Stadiums They Visit

CynBeth

A few weeks ago we were at a game at Marlins Park where the Dodgers were the visiting team and for part of the game they lost the sound and scoreboards but were able to play. Last night I was at home watching some of the Nats game on TV and one of the banks of lights went out and the Dodgers were the visiting team. They had an over an hour delay and then shortly after they resumed they went out again and continued the game today.

A few weeks ago we were at a game at Marlins Park where the Dodgers were the visiting team and for part of the game they lost the sound and scoreboards but were able to play. Last night I was at home watching some of the Nats game on TV and one of the banks of lights went out and the Dodgers were the visiting team. They had an over an hour delay and then shortly after they resumed they went out again and continued the game today.

It was ridiculous. A few lights were out but the field was plenty bright enough to play on.

324c74713d28044a86e6423b2de33eae.jpg

It was ridiculous. A few lights were out but the field was plenty bright enough to play on.

Maybe not when trying to pick up a 98 mph fastball before it impacts your cheekbone?

Plenty of light for slow pitch softball, but I'm not going to tell a major league hitter he has to play with half the lights out. It's bad enough they have to play in late afternoon with shadows across half the infield.

Maybe not when trying to pick up a 98 mph fastball before it impacts your cheekbone?

Plenty of light for slow pitch softball, but I'm not going to tell a major league hitter he has to play with half the lights out. It's bad enough they have to play in late afternoon with shadows across half the infield.

Bingo! Nats manager Williams echoed the same thoughts. Every single lumen counts. It's not worth the risk. The lengthy timeouts did toast the pitching staffs, however.

Archived