vs. Tigers 7/19

ArtVanDelay

LOL Greinke pulled after another 7 shutout innings. 103 pitches just too excessive. We are seriously getting to the point where the only time we will see complete game shutouts is when the starter has a no hitter going.

He's still in there in 8th. Pitch count at 117.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL Greinke pulled after another 7 shutout innings. 103 pitches just too excessive. We are seriously getting to the point where the only time we will see complete game shutouts is when the starter has a no hitter going.

I don't know why you're surprised. It's been this way for some time now.

Also, can you really blame the teams? Major elbow surgery for pitchers is beyond epidemic level at this point. It's obvious something has to change.

Maybe lower pitch counts isn't the answer... but letting your prized starter throw 150 pitches certainly isn't either.

I kind of agree. Snider or Parm are much more replaceable. But DD is a trickster...

For me it's gotta be Reimold. What does he bring to the table, except sentimental feelings of what could have been?

I remember when pitchers pitched 300 innings in a season, and 120 or more pitches in the game. I don't think injuries were anymore prevalent than they are now, with today's five-man rotations and pitch counts limited.

Archived