ZIPS predicts that Machado will be the 2nd best player over the next 5 years

Hallas

Behind Trout.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-trade-value-the-top-10/

The only reason Machado is ranked 8th in the trade value list is because Machado is unlikely to sign an extension at this point after putting up a monster year.

I personally feel that this is an optimistic evaluation, but I guess when you add up all the value that Machado has brought, and the fact that he's on pace for like an 8 WAR season right now, I can see where ZIPS reached that conclusion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Behind Trout.

The only reason Machado is ranked 8th in the trade value list is because Machado is unlikely to sign an extension at this point after putting up a monster year.

Very interesting. But since I don't normally value that Zips stuff, I guess I can't get all that excited. He is a good player though. Real good.

So we have the second best player in baseball potentially for the next 3 of 5 years....sure hope they make it count, regardless that in itself should be fun to watch.

If we continue at our current pace, that's all we'll have him for. I think it's time to throw money at him. If nothing else, it will calm his angst about being underpaid.

If we continue at our current pace, that's all we'll have him for. I think it's time to throw money at him. If nothing else, it will calm his angst about being underpaid.

Why would we want him calm? I like him like this?

Behind Trout.

I personally feel that this is an optimistic evaluation, but I guess when you add up all the value that Machado has brought, and the fact that he's on pace for like an 8 WAR season right now, I can see where ZIPS reached that conclusion.

Kid is a superstar. Baseball is oozing great young players right now.

Manny was a great draft pick. :)

I am amazed at Manny and how he has progressed. Very happy with the idea he could be #2. :) Trout, though is clearly #1, Mickey Mantle reincarnated.

There will come a time in the near future when folks will stop using the Mantle comparison since it will be obvious that it is selling Trout short.

Manny was a great draft pick. :)

I am amazed at Manny and how he has progressed. Very happy with the idea he could be #2. :) Trout, though is clearly #1, Mickey Mantle reincarnated.

Trout could be significantly better than Mantle. Mantle was worth 29.7 rWAR through age 23, Trout 34.7 with 70 more games to play.

Trout could be significantly better than Mantle. Mantle was worth 29.7 rWAR through age 23, Trout 34.7 with 70 more games to play.

Yea, but Trout does it on Subway sandwiches. Would he be able to play that well on gin? Its a whole 'nother level of talent to go up to the plate, see three balls coming at you, and know which is the real one. Also, Kramer never punched Trout at a fantasy camp.

Archived