What is the market for Davis, Wieters, Chen, and O'Day?

ChuckS

Trades that I would make. Maybe they're crazy.

1)Chen, Oday comp pick B for Puig

2)Weiters, Davis to the Mets for one of Matz or Conforto. Nimmo would be a stretch. I'd rather have the two comp picks. Matz is probably out the rest of year with a partial lat tear.

3)Trade Hunter, Matusz and Norris for whatever we can get. Plus eating their salaries. Although Norris could be useful in eating a lot of innings in mop up duty.

We get two high up side talents. Either two OF's or an OF and a LHP SP. Then there's no comp pick game, and we at least get something for O'day. Plus both players will be on the 2016 OD roster. Then DD knows for sure what he has to work with in the offseason.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 year 17 million. It's the same for every player. That's why it's risky if they accept. But nobody ever has.

It's much less risky when Boras is in play. He would never take a QO, which means we have three guys who are auto comp picks if we decide to keep them for a run at the end of the year.

Considering Davis is the only legitimate 1B for us next year, they'll offer him a QO for sure.

I think Wieters takes the QO unless he gets hot the last two months, which I'm not counting on. He hasn't proven his health (only playing every other day) or his bat (middling offensive numbers). I also think he won't fetch much in trade right now, so you keep him and play out the QO. He takes it and tries to prove his value next season or he walks and we get the comp pick.

I think Davis and Chen have value exceeding what we would get in a comp pick. We should be looking to move those guys as well as O'Day, who I think is a no brainer since there will be no QO there. Two B prospects for Davis, two B prospects for Chen, and one B prospect for O'Day. Do it!

2)Weiters, Davis to the Mets for one of Matz or Conforto. Nimmo would be a stretch. I'd rather have the two comp picks. Matz is probably out the rest of year with a partial lat tear.

3)Trade Hunter, Matusz and Norris for whatever we can get. Plus eating their salaries. Although Norris could be useful in eating a lot of innings in mop up duty.

We get two high up side talents. Either two OF's or an OF and a LHP SP. Then there's no comp pick game, and we at least get something for O'day. Plus both players will be on the 2016 OD roster. Then DD knows for sure what he has to work with in the offseason.

I'd do all 3 of those trades if the 2nd is for Conforto. An outfield of Jones, Puig, Conforto would be fun to watch.

Why on earth would the Dodgers trade us Puig for two two month rentals?

Davis to the Mets make sense. They need offense if they want to contend. Don't know enough about their prospects. But I feel Davis should be able to net us two b prospects.

Why on earth would the Dodgers trade us Puig for two two month rentals?

Davis to the Mets make sense. They need offense if they want to contend. Don't know enough about their prospects. But I feel Davis should be able to net us two b prospects.

Because they have a nice little WS drought, a gigantic payroll, and if they really want to keep Chen it means not having to lose a 1st rd pick in the offeason. Maybe we'd have to take back Crawford and we cover like 7million a year over the last two years of his deal. Plus they're probably pretty sick of watching the Giants win it all every other year.

Those are reasons they would do it. If their realistic reasons, that's debatable. If you're not going to be big players in FA. Which I understand. These are the type of creative moves you have to make.

Because they have a nice little WS drought, a gigantic payroll, and if they really want to keep Chen it means not having to lose a 1st rd pick in the offeason. Maybe we'd have to take back Crawford and we cover like 7million a year over the last two years of his deal. Plus they're probably pretty sick of watching the Giants win it all every other year.

Those are reasons they would do it. If their realistic reasons, that's debatable. If you're not going to be big players in FA. Which I understand. These are the type of creative moves you have to make.

I think a guy like Carlos Gomez would be more attainable and it would cost us a Gausman.

I think he (Gausman) would also have to be a part of any deal involving Puig. Puig is under team control through 2019 at a reasonable salary. Realistically, it would take a haul of talent to land him which we simply do not have.

Archived