Orioles Willing to Discuss Gausman in Trades

SticksandStones

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles appear to be willing to talk about former first-round pick Kevin Gausman in possible trades,as they look for ways to get better.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is one of the few guys I would deem untouchable, especially as we hover around .500.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because they are willing to discuss him does not mean they are willing to trade him. Say a conversation opens with a GM talking about Gausman. They discuss names the GM would give up. DD counters with a couple of guys he would give up instead of Gausman. The text back and forth until we trade Garcia and Reimold for Rajai Davis.

Just because they are willing to discuss him does not mean they are willing to trade him. Say a conversation opens with a GM talking about Gausman. They discuss names the GM would give up. DD counters with a couple of guys he would give up instead of Gausman. The text back and forth until we trade Garcia and Reimold for Rajai Davis.

That is pretty much the definition of not discussing Gausman.

WJ: I would do Cueto for Gausman. Can we talk about Gausman?

DD: Sure, we will talk about Gausman. Are you interested in Parmelee for Cueto?

WJ: No. I am interested in Gausman. That's who we are talking about.

DD: OK, about Gausman, any interest in Reimold? Flaherty?

WJ: I am really interested in Gausman. How about Cueto and Bruce.

DD: Sure, let's talk about Gausman. You are talking a hard bargain, Walt. OK, you can have Bundy.

WJ: --click--

That report unless flat out rebuffed by Duquette is very telling. H has already showed that he will move a young and highly regarded talents (Hader and Rodriguez) to win now. If he trades Gausman it ha better be a sign and trade deal r they better betting more than a few months out of whomever is coming to Baltimore.

Who still wants to be in the let's go for it camp?

I wasn't in the go for it camp before, but I am really not now. We need a Duquette and MacPhail combo. MacPhail can handle trades and Duquette can handle the see what sticks department. I am okay for trading Gausman, but it had better be for a stud position prospect or an ace that we get to lock up to a long term deal as part of the trade window.

Archived