Orioles Willing to Discuss Gausman in Trades

SticksandStones

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would trade Gausman for Jay Bruce??? I like Jay Bruce (concerned about him outside of that park a tad). No way. Pass.

I said I would consider it. Not sure I would do it, but I also wouldn't rule it out completely.

I was using Bruce as an off-hand example, but I do think he would excel here; the AL East hosts several of the more HR friendly parks in all of baseball.

You would trade Gausman for Jay Bruce??? I like Jay Bruce (concerned about him outside of that park a tad). No way. Pass.

No thanks. KG is off limits IMO. I don't think DD would trade him unless he was offered something unreal in return. For example, like Sale or another TOR proven starter.

It is very clear to many that we have a very good opportunity to improve the team significantly for the long-term here and help a farm-system depleted of positional talent.

That doesn't mean you have to "blow it up". The AL East is weak this year. You could trade Davis and Chen and probably still compete for the title by adding another bat and promoting Givens/Beato.

Absolutely, I said in some other thread that we could sell in such a way that we don't lose much (with whomever replaces them), and with the weak East this year, we would just need a few things to break our way and we're in the playoffs.

I think Dan really wants to make a run this year.

Maybe a bit more then is healthy.

Britt made the comment, that the Orioles were "All-IN" on 105.7 last week (or maybe even the week before).

She said that pretty much, the FAs were going to be gone and they were going to have to rework their roster.

I think Dan really wants to make a run this year.

Maybe a bit more then is healthy.

Why would Dan want to make a run this year? This is a .500 team with holes all over the roster. Does anybody really believe this team is a Cole Hamels or Johnny Cueto away from winning the World Series?

Britt made the comment, that the Orioles were "All-IN" on 105.7 last week (or maybe even the week before).

She said that pretty much, the FAs were going to be gone and they were going to have to rework their roster.

That shouldn't include trading someone like Gausman.

Why would Dan want to make a run this year? This is a .500 team with holes all over the roster. Does anybody really believe this team is a Cole Hamels or Johnny Cueto away from winning the World Series?

Because he is losing Wieters, Chen, Davis.

He might be losing O'Day and Pearce.

No one in the east has run away and hid yet.

Because he is losing Wieters, Chen, Davis.

He might be losing O'Day and Pearce.

No one in the east has run away and hid yet.

Personally, I hope we dont lose all of our FAs.

But, I don't think Britt was blowing smoke, when she said, she didnt believe any of them would be still around next season.

Archived