Mike Bordick blames our hitting woes on bad luck - really?

Frobby

Bordick is ridiculous. I have heard about half of MLB teams' TV analysts this year. Palmer is the best I've heard. Bordick is probably the biggest cheerleader I have heard (not counting Ken Harrelson, who has carved out his own niche as a play-by-play partisan).

I thought he was improving last year, but this year he seems to have regressed, as if he's more concerned about his job security than he was before.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's tough enough listening to Bordick when we're winning; he's intolerable when we're losing and he heaps praise on lousy performers.I'm sure he's a nice guy; but he has to learn to find a happy medium between telling the truth and sucking up to the owners.

Bordick just said our hitting problems of late have been caused by bad luck. He earlier called Gausman's game tonight "really impressive.". It seems he's a really easy grader.

I'm not. We're playing lousy baseball and I don't like hearing excuses. 4 runs allowed in 6 innings doesn't impress me.

That irritates me as well. Last week after his Detroit start, Ubaldo shot down (I think that it was Gary Thorne) when Thorne tried to blame Ubaldo's poor outing on he All Star layoff. Ubaldo didn't want to hear any of this. He said (paraphrase), "there are no excuses for how I pitched." I think that he'll do OK against the Yankees on Thursday.

Funny you mention this as tonight I get home from my son's game and flip it to MASN. I leave the room before checking the score but can hear Mike talking. From the way he was talking about the game and our effort I thought we were up big. i come back to the room and see we were down 4 to 2. I was shocked he was talking about Kevin Gausman like he threw one of Nolan Ryans no hitters or something.

I will say being that I currently live in MASN country I watch my fair share of Nats games too and FP Santangelo is an even bigger homer than Mike. FP takes it to an annoying level although Mike has been there lately. But as somebody else in this thread said neither of them are like The Hawk.

Bordick just said our hitting problems of late have been caused by bad luck. He earlier called Gausman's game tonight "really impressive.". It seems he's a really easy grader.

I'm not. We're playing lousy baseball and I don't like hearing excuses. 4 runs allowed in 6 innings doesn't impress me.

Bordick ranks up there with Hunter and Reghi as Orioles pom-pom boys; everything is all sunshine and lollipops. In his post game chat he said the problem with the Orioles is that they have been snake bitten of late and their luck just needs to change. Does he think people aren't watching? They are watching! Watching bad baseball. But for Bordick it's Keiserens Nye Kl?der.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=2522053&p=

I will say being that I currently live in MASN country I watch my fair share of Nats games too and FP Santangelo is an even bigger homer than Mike. FP takes it to an annoying level although Mike has been there lately. But as somebody else in this thread said neither of them are like The Hawk.

Santangelo is a cheerleader but at least on bad plays and bad base running he will criticize the team. Bordick never does. He really does not do much analysis. He tells us the coaches are the hardest working in baseball and the players are slumping but not for a lack of effort. The Orioles have deep depth and that Buck Showalter always has a contingency plan for all situations. Then he tells us that was a great or beautiful pitch or swing. I thought he was doing so much better last year. Did he get a memo to be boring and spout out drivel.The praise of Norris yesterday was too funny. i guess like a politician he just spouts things to the general public and most people don't take the time to check facts or question it.

Santangelo is a cheerleader but at least on bad plays and bad base running he will criticize the team. Bordick never does. He really does not do much analysis. He tells us the coaches are the hardest working in baseball and the players are slumping but not for a lack of effort. The Orioles have deep depth and that Buck Showalter always has a contingency plan for all situations. Then he tells us that was a great or beautiful pitch or swing. I thought he was doing so much better last year. Did he get a memo to be boring and spout out drivel.The praise of Norris yesterday was too funny. i guess like a politician he just spouts things to the general public and most people don't take the time to check facts or question it.

He's a big fan of "getting the bat head through the zone". That's almost as annoying as Jim Hunter's favorite...the "add-on runs".

• 8 months later...
I've wanted to like Bordick but he's become unlistenable. Tonight, Eric Aybar steals 2B and Matt Wieters throws to 1b instead of 2B. Bordick tries to sell it as a heads up play. In doing so he says the runner got a bad jump and Wieters had no chance at him at 2B all in the same sentence. Wow!

Hilarious, isn't it? No chance to throw the runner out at second, so we throw to first instead because that's what championship teams do. We'll be in the World Series before you know it and lead the league in errant throws

down the first base line. At least that way, Trumbo can get more reps out there and Bordick says that's all he needs because 265 career games out there isn't enough. Bordick would say that is good baseball, I'm sure.

Maybe his growing unpopularity will get him ousted eventually.

I've wanted to like Bordick but he's become unlistenable. Tonight, Eric Aybar steals 2B and Matt Wieters throws to 1b instead of 2B. Bordick tries to sell it as a heads up play. In doing so he says the runner got a bad jump and Wieters had no chance at him at 2B all in the same sentence. Wow!

Bordick has got to be replaced. Brian Roberts anyone? Bordick is brutal and his orange colored glasses routine is unbearable to listen to.

I will be glad when the season starts. Play real baseball when it matters.

Archived