This team needs a purge

Three Run Homer

That's not true, but does every thread need to instantly devolve into that discussion? I advocated for Cruz but I was over talking about it when the season started. I just don't see the point unless it is simply to whine.

Regarding the opening post, I have no issue with jettisoning any of those three players but I'd be surprised if it makes much of a difference. It is time to try plans C, D, E.... so why not? I certainly don't think we will regret losing any of the three later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Travis Snider shouldn't have been part of any plan. He's a bad player who brings very little to the table and as a fan I'm offended that the Orioles thought that he would be a suitable replacement. The fact that he was batting 2nd yesterday is an insult to the fans. Reimold doesn't belong on the team either and it's a shame that the Orioles put themselves in a position to have these guys take up roster spots.

As others have said, a 120M payroll isn't really el cheapo. Could the money have been spent better? Looks like.

I agree to a point. The problem is that nothing was done in the offseason to improve the team. This team has needed a contact hitter with some speed to hit leadoff for years. They also went into the season with a bunch of platoon players and no corner outfielders. The team is still too undisciplined (hence the offensive struggles, strikeouts,). Of course, no one could have predicted that Norris and Tillman would be having bad seasons but still.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would Miller really have done for this team? We are 39-0 when leading after 7 innings. If we had any extra $9 mm to spend, I'd much rather have spent it on something other than a relief pitcher.

It's really not so much what he would have done for us. But he made the Yankees so much better. Better than they should have been.

46 million for a guy 35 years old. No way Nick is worth 44 million. IMO. DD had

to think of the future too. The Mariners will rue the day the gave Cruz that kind of

contract. IMO

I know it's a bad contract. But our window was such a short one. I don't know maybe I'm just lamenting how everything seems to blow up in O's fans faces.

It really not so much what he would have done for us. But he made the Yankees so much better. Better than they should have been.

Not only that but then you can start going to really good relievers in the 6th. Which is not ideal but needed with our rotation.

But back to the purge. I'm really tired of seeing Norris, Snider, Reimold, Hunter, Parm, Matusz and Lough. In that order. You could make a case to keep Parm and Lough around because they'll be here next year. But I'm done with the rest. If I want to watch a LF'er that has no chance to pull the ball then I'd rather watch Urrutia.

You have a point. But it's not going to happen. O's management isn't going to eat up all that payroll. Because if they did, they would have to admit how royally they screwed up for the 2015 season.

Reimold and Parmelee are making peanuts.

Snider isn't breaking the bank either.

You add up Delmon Young, Parmalee, Reimold and Snider. Plus did we have to eat up part of De Aza's salary? Oh,and there are Wesley Wright and Everth Cabrera. All that eaten salary adds up to a substantial amount.

Archived