Anyway you cut it, today's game is huge.

33rdst

Since the season is so long I hate putting undue importance on three games, but we could've finished this series anywhere between 1 and 7 games out, and we hit the worst-case scenario. I think we're sellers now, although I don't count the team out of contention. Would just be smarter to get some parts for next year and beyond, if possible. It's not like we have too much to sell anyway, so we could retool a bit and still attempt to contend, just to see where the season takes us. But yeah this was a disastrous series.

This team did go 18-5 not long ago. Who knows what could happen.

Pretty good take here. It's amazing what short memories people have around here. Today was the only game we were out of in this series. We're not as bad as the doom and gloom crowd make us, but it wouldn't be horrible to shop some of our future FA to test the market.

J

Im one of Ubaldo's biggest fans, but in the last few outings he has been miserable to watch. I hoping he's not fighting an injury but he's God awful. The Orioles will now be swept in a series they had to have. Im looking at next year now. Id move our FA and bring up prospects and see what we have. Specifically Im talking about Christian Walker and Mychal Givens and maybe Mike Wright again. The season is a lost cause.

Yeah but you aren't going to win many games hitting 3 solo homers as your entire offense either. This team has power hitters but don't get the big flies with men on base nearly often enough which means they have a poorly constructed line up most of the time. And that sort of falls on the manager and GM imo.

Not to hijack this post, but I have trouble with people saying we won't miss Davis or Chen.

Even with his horrific K rate, Davis will likely end up with 35 HR and 90 or so RBI's. You lose that and you lose a lot in this lineup. Chen is still a sturdy fairly dependable lefty. If you lose him too(and its likely you will) you've lost arguably our best pitcher and perhaps our best power hitter. Replacing them all be hard. I think you're looking at a potentially down year next year too. I don't see much in the way of immediate help from our minor leagues. Dont forget Bundy, healthy or not will have to be on our 40 man roster next year.

He's already on the 40 man. He has to stay on the 25 man next year.

Not to hijack this post, but I have trouble with people saying we won't miss Davis or Chen.

Even with his horrific K rate, Davis will likely end up with 35 HR and 90 or so RBI's. You lose that and you lose a lot in this lineup. Chen is still a sturdy fairly dependable lefty. If you lose him too(and its likely you will) you've lost arguably our best pitcher and perhaps our best power hitter. Replacing them all be hard. I think you're looking at a potentially down year next year too. I don't see much in the way of immediate help from our minor leagues. Dont forget Bundy, healthy or not will have to be on our 40 man roster next year.

Most definitely we will miss both of them. But I think the probability of us signing either one of them is slim. Whether we trade them or not. I'm really not all that comfortable with Duquette's trading ability. But he has to be able to get more for them than what we will get via the draft.

Im one of Ubaldo's biggest fans, but in the last few outings he has been miserable to watch. I hoping he's not fighting an injury but he's God awful. The Orioles will now be swept in a series they had to have. Im looking at next year now. Id move our FA and bring up prospects and see what we have. Specifically Im talking about Christian Walker and Mychal Givens and maybe Mike Wright again. The season is a lost cause.
Yep. I'm still the Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club. But I agree, he's been pretty bad lately. Today, no fastball command, very little if any command of his secondary pitches. I was also wondering if he's fighting an injury. Or else he started to fall back into those old, bad habits. I hope that Ramon M. can clear up what is wrong with him.

Yep. I'm still the Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club. But I agree, he's been pretty bad lately. Today, no fastball command, very little if any command of his secondary pitches. I was also wondering if he's fighting an injury. Or else he started to fall back into those old, bad habits. I hope that Ramon M. can clear up what is wrong with him.

He has been terrible on the road most of the year. Now 2-5 with a 5.25 ERA. He has a nice record at home. For some reason he has started 7 games at home and 12 on the road. He is still a work in progress and may never be that good. He is better then last year but that is not saying much. He was not great in May but his numbers were so good in April that people did not notice it. In May he had a 4.34 ERA and opponents were hitting .303 against him.

Pretty good take here. It's amazing what short memories people have around here. Today was the only game we were out of in this series. We're not as bad as the doom and gloom crowd make us, but it wouldn't be horrible to shop some of our future FA to test the market.

Sorry, but the standings don't reflect wins, losses, and "came close". As the old saying goes, "close" counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. And I'm sick and tired of hearing "well, we had an 18 and 5 streak not too long ago." Guess what. It was long ago. This month they have had one winning streak (a whopping 2 games) and lost 3 in a row four times.

And in the post game, Bordick once again alluded to "luck" (or lack thereof) and then said that in the end, the Orioles looked like they had the wind taken out of their sails, took quick at bats and didn't try to work Tanaka.

I guess they were looking forward to heading into Tampa.

Archived