Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Davies weighs 150 pounds and doesn't have overpowering stuff. He relies solely on location. Unless he's Greg Maddux, he's more than worth the price of Parra.

Davies is going to be a top 100 prospect going into next year most likely. And you think that's worth 2 months of Gerardo Parra?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davies is going to be a top 100 prospect going into next year most likely. And you think that's worth 2 months of Gerardo Parra?

Yes, I do. Who the frick cares if he cracks the top 100? How many top 100 prospects pan out?

I seem to remember trading a top 100 prospect for a RP rental last year and it being worth every pitch he threw.

Yes, I do. Who the frick cares if he cracks the top 100? How many top 100 prospects pan out?

I seem to remember trading a top 100 prospect for a RP rental last year and it being worth every pitch he threw.

How many games extra will we win by having Parra out there instead of Snider or Lough for 2 months? 1?...2 at most?

That's worth giving up a good pitching prospect who we have under control for 6 years?

How many games extra will we win by having Parra out there instead of Snider or Lough for 2 months? 1?...2 at most?

That's worth giving up a good pitching prospect who we have under control for 6 years?

Yes, it is. B/c we are improving our chances for THIS year. You guys just want to hold onto every prospect that's in our top 10 every year but we need to trade them to improve! We aren't going to the playoffs with Snider and Lough in LF every day.

What good is having control of a pitcher for 6 years if we have no idea if he's ever going to help us? His potential is not overwhelming like Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey.

Yes, it is. B/c we are improving our chances for THIS year. You guys just want to hold onto every prospect that's in our top 10 every year but we need to trade them to improve! We aren't going to the playoffs with Snider and Lough in LF every day.

What good is having control of a pitcher for 6 years if we have no idea if he's ever going to help us? His potential is not overwhelming like Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey.

You don't consistently improve by trading your best prospects.

@ChrisCotillo: One industry source: "Remember HOU docs are the ones who banged Aiken so if Gomez was damaged seems unlikely they'd trade for him."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Boras: “The Brewers’ medical staff is as expert and qualified as its reports. Apparently in New York it is viewed as cheesehead medicine.”</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You don't consistently improve by trading your best prospects.

Just b/c they are one organization's "best prospects" doesn't mean it isn't the right trade. Care to take a guess where Davies (if the trade is going to happen) lands on Milwaukee's top 10? I bet it's at least #6 or lower.

If we don't make the playoffs AND Davies turns out to be a yearly sub-4 FIP starter for Milwaukee, I'll eat crow. I don't see both happening.

That argument would work if you werent talking to someone that isn't about not trading prospects. I dont mind trading prospects. Just don't like this trade.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That argument would work if you werent talking to someone that isn't about not trading prospects. I dont mind trading prospects. Just don't like this trade.

I would have been fine with a trade for Upton. I think we would have a decent shot at resigning him; and a Manny/Jones/Upton/Schoop core would be awesome.

Whoa. That sentence has a triple negative. I need a diagram to follow. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have been fine with a trade for Upton. I think we would have a decent shot at resigning him; and a Manny/Jones/Upton/Schoop core would be awesome.

I would be interested to hear who you think in our organization is worthy of a trade for Upton - either straight up or as a package. Not trying to be snarky, I'm actually curious.

Archived