Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be interested to hear who you think in our organization is worthy of a trade for Upton - either straight up or as a package. Not trying to be snarky, I'm actually curious.

With the idea that I'm going to make a serious run at resigning him after this season, I'd send them Davies and Sisco.

Maybe that's not enough, be he is a rental. I'd throw in Wright if necessary.

I would have been fine with a trade for Upton. I think we would have a decent shot at resigning him; and a Manny/Jones/Upton/Schoop core would be awesome.

Repeat after me. They don't resign. And never in Baltimore.

With the idea that I'm going to make a serious run at resigning him after this season, I'd send them Davies and Sisco.

Maybe that's not enough, be he is a rental. I'd throw in Wright if necessary.

This is what I assumed. Padres are not starting the discussion unless one of the big 3 are involved and it would most likely be centered around Gausman. Davies would probably tag along with one of those 3. No discussion is going to start for a player of Upton, Bruce, etc caliber centered around Davies.

I'm not saying we should trade one of those 3 for Upton, I'm trying to prove that you are over valuing prospects - especially ours.

I would be OK with Davies or Wright for Upton. Not for Parra.

smh, who WOULDN'T trade those 2 for Upton? Duquette would be laughing maniacally for weeks at that trade.

And I just realized you put "or" instead of "and" which makes it even more comical.

A lot of delusion that I'm reading.

This is what I assumed. Padres are not starting the discussion unless one of the big 3 are involved and it would most likely be centered around Gausman. Davies would probably tag along with one of those 3. No discussion is going to start for a player of Upton, Bruce, etc caliber centered around Davies.

I'm not saying we should trade one of those 3 for Upton, I'm trying to prove that you are over valuing prospects - especially ours.

I'm not over valuing them. Sisco and Davies are both top 100 caliber prospects. That's quite a haul for a rental when you throw in Wright.

Maybe you're over valuing 2 months of Justin Upton.

I'm not over valuing them. Sisco and Davies are both top 100 caliber prospects. That's quite a haul for a rental when you throw in Wright.

Maybe you're over valuing 2 months of Justin Upton.

Not a fan of Justin Upton, think he's overrated. Will be overpaid big time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> trying to land <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Reds?src=hash">#Reds</a>’ Bruce. Also exploring other options. Wheeler most likely would go to CIN and maybe one other piece.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Boras: ?The Brewers? medical staff is as expert and qualified as its reports. Apparently in New York it is viewed as cheesehead medicine.?</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not a Boras fan at all, but this is a quote for the ages.

Archived