Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how it isn't true' date=' he had a great year on the road for us last year, but I said before we got him. Ruling that out, he had a good year the year before that on the road but the rest of his career he was not a good road hitter.[/quote']

Sorry, my bad, thought you said, he was only a good hitter in one park, not the opposite.

I'm a big proponent in getting a big bat even if just a rental (preferably Cespedes), but giving up anything for an oft-injured OF ruined by Coors Field that would tie up 16% of the payroll until 2018 would be a terrible mistake.

Agreed.

But, the Big Fellas is going to take more than 2 years and 38 million.

No doubt. Plus his stock has gotta be sky high right now. I would not want to be in Duke's shoes today. One one hand, we're 2 games out of a WC spot and right in the thick of things. On the other hand, we're one of about 6 teams within range of that WC spot and other teams (Toronto, Angels, Stros) have really bolstered their team. I see-saw everyday about trying to go for it, or trading away guys like Davis who could probably fetch a decent catch right now.

Like I said, wouldn't want to be Duke. I'm thinking no matter what happens today, he's going to anger a group of fans. Some think we need to trade the bank for Cespedes or others to go for it. Others think we need to sell. It's really a no win situation, as even when we go for it, EdRod for Miller, fans still burn him at the stake a year later.

Put me in the Cespedes camp, but think his price is going to be too high.

Might not be too bad. The Tigers have already gotten their huge haul by trading Price and Cespedes is almost assuredly gone after the season.

They may be willing to take a little less rather than get nothing (except the pick) in the offseason.

If Mets end up with Jay Bruce it may work out well for us to get Cespedes.

Or use it towards locking up Manny.

Manny is a long way away from worrying about right now. If you throw big money at him to lock him up, we're not gonna have much of a team around him.

Cal was the Manny of his day, and yet he played on 3, count em, THREE postseason years for the Orioles. I don't want the same for Manny.

Archived