Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Even by Mets standards -- agreeing to a trade, having one of their players cry, announcing the deal is dead -- is beyond nuts.</p>— Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not happening tonight, not happening tomorrow, not happening Friday. Carlos Gomez will not be a Met.</p>— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Even by Mets standards -- agreeing to a trade, having one of their players cry, announcing the deal is dead -- is beyond nuts.</p>? Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) <a href="

This is the team that let Willie Randolph fly to the West Coast with the team and THEN fired him once he got there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Even by Mets standards -- agreeing to a trade, having one of their players cry, announcing the deal is dead -- is beyond nuts.</p>— Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) <a href="

This is a team who's owner got in bed with Madoff and had to $162m and was involved in another ponzi scheme. Tonight was nothing. Mlb should have stripped the Mets from the Wilpon family over it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash">#Brewers</a> rejected the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> trade because of concerns over Wheeler"s physical and still plan to trade Gomez by Friday.</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

Weird that LA would give him up. And no obvious need for Atlanta.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think he's a very nice fit for Atl - as they're transitioning from the Grilli/JJ bullpen to a much younger group.

I guess with Peraza, they made a decision that Jace Peterson is their 2nd baseman of the future and present - we'll see if it' turns out to be a good one. They actually seemed to move in that direction by having Peraza play a lot of CF this season. Thing is, they have a CF prospect who hits and runs just like him and is roughly the same age - in Mallex Smith. So, if they saw Peterson and Smith as players they want in Atlanta, it made Peraza expendable. And you don't want to keep too many players with very little power. And coming up, they have an 18 year old middle infielder named Ozhaino Albies who's tearing up the GCL - but he's yet another player with great speed and little power.

Lack of power is a problem for them in the majors and minors, so even with Olivera's age making him a questionable fit in Atl, the Braves thinking is becoming more understandable. Fans are paying major league dollars to watch the Braves - so it's important to have some pop in the lineup.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure if this is out there but The Record hears it was on the Brewers end that this deal fell through, not the Mets.</p>— Matt Ehalt (@MattEhalt) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash">#Brewers</a> rejected the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> trade because of concerns over Wheeler"s physical and still plan to trade Gomez by Friday.</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

Clear as mud. Thanks, twitter

I think he's a very nice fit for Atl - as they're transitioning from the Grilli/JJ bullpen to a much younger group.

I guess with Peraza, they made a decision that Jace Peterson is their 2nd baseman of the future and present - we'll see if it' turns out to be a good one. They actually seemed to move in that direction by having Peraza play a lot of CF this season. Thing is, they have a CF prospect who hits and runs just like him and is roughly the same age - in Mallex Smith. So, if they saw Peterson and Smith as players they want in Atlanta, it made Peraza expendable. And you don't want to keep too many players with very little power. And coming up, they have an 18 year old middle infielder named Ozhaino Albies who's tearing up the GCL - but he's yet another player with great speed and little power.

Lack of power is a problem for them in the majors and minors, so even with Olivera's age making him a questionable fit in Atl, the Braves thinking is becoming more understandable. Fans are paying major league dollars to watch the Braves - so it's important to have some pop in the lineup.

True. But the Braves bullpen currently has castoffs from all over baseball. Just seems odd to me to add Paco.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a GM pissing contest. Mets gonna claim foul. Brewers will as well.

GM Melvin said he's disappointed thought they had a deal so this seems to be mets rejecting. My money is on the mets nixing it as they are famous for wacky operations

GM Melvin said he's disappointed thought they had a deal so this seems to be mets rejecting. My money is on the mets nixing it as they are famous for wacky operations

Maybe.. but Gomez is a Boras client.. guess who's gonna get shut out of the FA market next year.

Archived