Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

True. But the Braves bullpen currently has castoffs from all over baseball. Just seems odd to me to add Paco.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

One interesting thing about a lot of the players the Braves have picked up with their new front office - they've acquired a lot of players with injuries. They've made a point of saying they've done their medical research on each of these players.

They had a horrible run of career-threatening injuries to talented young pitchers for a couple years, and they say they can tell a big difference between the health of those players and the ones they've acquired with injuries.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would the Braves give up Wood to get Olivera? The guy is a 30 year-old in AAA, and you are giving up a 24-year old lefthander that has shown pretty decent promise?

And in addition to what's been said, they needed to do something at 3rd base. Now they're kind of excited about an infield of Freeman, Peterson, Simmons and Olivera. They're getting closer to putting a ML lineup out there. That offense they showed against the O's was unwatchable. And they do get 3 young pieces in the trade - a 24 year old quality lefty reliever, a solid starting pitcher prospect, and the 35th pick in the draft.

Any names you have some thoughts on?

Not really -- I don't like talking specific names unless it's already out there, since FOs are more and more floating bad info to try and out leakers (and I don't want to get anyone in trouble).

EDIT -- I will say the rumor I saw this morning about Price for Urias seams unusual. Dodgers refused to include Urias in Hamels talks; why move him for 1/3 season rental?

Astros and Jays could try to blow up what Cubs/Padres seem to be putting together because both have young impact players they can move if they want to overpay. But, Cubs seem motivated to make strong offer and seems like they would be parting with plenty to land targets.

Gut says Padres dangling to see if Jays/Astros/Dodgers will include monster piece, with Cubs deal in back pocket?

Archived