Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben Revere does seem like a DD type of move. Not a classic leadoff hitter but he can steal bases. His OF defense appears to be plus on the corners. Assume he'd be in LF for the Orioles. Makes 4.1M this year, and arb eligible in 2016-17. FA after 2017.

Now. What would the O's have to give up? Upper level guys off limits here. No Bundy/Harvey/Sisco/Reyes. Have to assume that Wright/Walker/Mancini/Alvarez/Wilson/Davies would have to be in play here. Hate to give up Wright/Davies/Mancini in a deal for someone like Revere. Can DD acquire Revere for lesser pieces like Bridwell/Hart/ etc. ?

Getting ahead of myself. Maybe it's another team.

But he does not seem like an Oriole type of player. Puts the ball in play with no power and steals bases.

Still really confused about this trade from the Atlanta view. I know they heavily pursued Olivera in the winter and will have him for 5 years for $30M or so, but is he worth Wood and Peraza? And figured they could get more for JJ and Avilan than just including them in a deal like this.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I agree, this looks like a terrible deal for Atlanta. They gave up the best current major league player (Wood) and the best prospect (Peraza). Olivera is already 30 years old and he's not cheap even after the Dodgers kick in some money. I'd be grabbing pitchforks or tomahawks or something if I were a Braves fan.

I agree, this looks like a terrible deal for Atlanta. They gave up the best current major league player (Wood) and the best prospect (Peraza). Olivera is already 30 years old and he's not cheap even after the Dodgers kick in some money. I'd be grabbing pitchforks or tomahawks or something if I were a Braves fan.

I agree completely. Seems like braves coveted Olivera so much that they were going to do whatever it took to acquire him after losing out on offseason sweepstakes.

@JonHeymanCBS: sources: blue Jays are making a major push for david price

Seems like a Detroit leak to get dodgers to extremely overpay imo

I think might be opposite -- all the smoke around Urias being include was to try and get Toronto to up their package. Could see either but have heard more specifics about Toronto being insanely aggressive in various talks with teams. More inclined to believe they are the team to beat. Shrug.

I think might be opposite -- all the smoke around Urias being include was to try and get Toronto to up their package. Could see either but have heard more specifics about Toronto being insanely aggressive in various talks with teams. More inclined to believe they are the team to beat. Shrug.

Could be...they will become WC favorites if they pull it off.

Basically a 3 team race: tor, bal and min

Lateral move for 2015, good for future?

Reports are saying San Diego wants to move Shields and Cashner.

Neither is having a good year, but neither is a free agent next season. Shields is expensive, $21 million 2016 and 2017, they would need to eat some of that, but Cashner is 28 years old and arbitration eligible in 2016, free agent in 2017.

Could they be replacements for Chen and Norris? Shields and Cashner have been better career pitchers then Chen and Norris.

Not sure what to trade to the Padres, but if they are salary dumping, it could be a good long term strategy to grab them for peanuts.

And maybe a new team in the hunt will turn there season around. Always a chance ;)

@jonmorosi: A #BlueJays offer of LHP Daniel Norris, LHP Matt Boyd, and CF Anthony Alford may be enough to get David Price from #Tigers.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Executive involved in bidding for Price believes #BlueJays may indeed be close to landing him. ?Not going to go on much longer,? he said.

Just read that with Harrison ballast and cash included in deal, Texas only owes Hamels around $40M the next few years while they compete with Darvish/Hamels/Fiedler/Odor/Gallo/Mazara. Catcher a conspicuous hole with Alfaro gone, so I think they just became major players in the Matt Wieters market this offseason.

Eh, whatever. We hit Price pretty well. Come at me, Toronto.

Yea it will be a fun race provided we land OF bat. Parra or cespedes would be nice.

All price acquisition would do in my mind is put blue jays in WC conversation.

Archived