Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure sounds like La Cava trying to save his job but ownership had to give him the OK to take on Price's contract.

Toronto apparently been mind-blowingly aggressive with offers. Definitely all out for now and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

@jonmorosi: A #BlueJays offer of LHP Daniel Norris, LHP Matt Boyd, and CF Anthony Alford may be enough to get David Price from #Tigers.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Executive involved in bidding for Price believes #BlueJays may indeed be close to landing him. ?Not going to go on much longer,? he said.

That is perhaps the single most absurd overpay I've ever seen for 2 months of a pitcher. The only way Anthopoulos keeps his job is a World Series win. Anything else and he should be fired the moment the season ends.

That is perhaps the single most absurd overpay I've ever seen for 2 months of a pitcher. The only way Anthopoulos keeps his job is a World Series win. Anything else and he should be fired the moment the season ends.

And they'll still have bullpen issues. Price will help, but won't fix all of their problems.

Seriously, the Blue Jays in a 1 game play in are dangerous. In a 7 game series? Not so much.

That said, I hope they get Price. But that's largely because I don't think the O's are a playoff team, so I'd rather the Blue Jays completely gut their system for a guy in a walk year and completely inflate their payroll IF they try to retain him.

He was expecting that last offseason.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthony Alford "likely" going to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a> in deal, source says.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived