Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is perhaps the single most absurd overpay I've ever seen for 2 months of a pitcher. The only way Anthopoulos keeps his job is a World Series win. Anything else and he should be fired the moment the season ends.

I know owners usually have to sign off on trades, but I think some GMs know that they're on the hot seat so they take risks with the context that if they don't work out, so what? They would have been fired anyway.

They have GUTTED their farm system to get Tulo and Price.

I'm kinda okay with that.

And it's possible that 4/5th's of their starting rotation leaves via free agency next year. Crazy.

What are the chances that the Jays retain Price in the offseason?

Who cares? If they resign him they'll be taking on a massive, expensive, long contract that will probably fail. And they just traded a large package of good players for the right to try to take on that contract, and I suppose 2-3 wins this year.

I know owners usually have to sign off on trades, but I think some GMs know that they're on the hot seat so they take risks with the context that if they don't work out, so what? They would have been fired anyway.

Current BJ GM sabotages 'Quette by making sure he has no farm inventory in 2016

They have GUTTED their farm system to get Tulo and Price.

I'm kinda okay with that.

Depressingly, they still have a number of nice upside guys and reasonable depth. Bottom third, probably, but not barren.

Who cares? If they resign him they'll be taking on a massive, expensive, long contract that will probably fail. And they just traded a large package of good players for the right to try to take on that contract, and I suppose 2-3 wins this year.

In calculus is improving your play-in pitcher by a notch and a nice arm for the playoffs. While I understand that in the aggregate, over the course of history, the playoffs are a crap shoot. But as Baltimore saw with Miller last year, sometimes that player you get ends up having a huge impact.

Without question a value overpay. Considering the depth of talent Toronto had in the minors, I actually kind of respect the willingness to get out there and use the currency.

The bigger angle for us (imo) is what impact, if any, does this have on Duquette getting out of his contract here to go to Toronto.

Maybe very little, since Angelos I'm sure doesn't care about farm troubles for the Jays. I guess it could force them to raise their offer though?

Better then the O's?

Haven't audited it (yet) but I'd think

1. Jon Harris

2. Sean Reid-Foley

3. Alford or Pompey (whomever isn't traded)

4. Vlad Jr.

5. Richard Urina

6. Max Pentecost (if gets healthy)

7. Alberto Tirado

8. Rowdy Tellez

are all realistic MLB contributors, with the top 4 having impact potential. Probably have edge right now, and a lot more depth, but if O's upside draft picks hit it could be close.

Archived