Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In calculus is improving your play-in pitcher by a notch and a nice arm for the playoffs. While I understand that in the aggregate, over the course of history, the playoffs are a crap shoot. But as Baltimore saw with Miller last year, sometimes that player you get ends up having a huge impact.

Without question a value overpay. Considering the depth of talent Toronto had in the minors, I actually kind of respect the willingness to get out there and use the currency.

Yes, Miller was absolutely great for the O's. And in the end it didn't matter. They still got swept out of the ALCS. So... what is your take on the guys they apparently gave up for Price?

Haven't audited it (yet) but I'd think

1. Jon Harris

2. Sean Reid-Foley

3. Alford or Pompey (whomever isn't traded)

4. Vlad Jr.

5. Richard Urina

6. Max Pentecost (if gets healthy)

7. Alberto Tirado

8. Rowdy Tellez

are all realistic MLB contributors, with the top 4 having impact potential. Probably have edge right now, and a lot more depth, but if O's upside draft picks hit it could be close.

Thanks, and I wasn't expecting a definitive answer this quickly. Glad for the quick peek.

Haven't audited it (yet) but I'd think

1. Jon Harris

2. Sean Reid-Foley

3. Alford or Pompey (whomever isn't traded)

4. Vlad Jr.

5. Richard Urina

6. Max Pentecost (if gets healthy)

7. Alberto Tirado

8. Rowdy Tellez

are all realistic MLB contributors, with the top 4 having impact potential. Probably have edge right now, and a lot more depth, but if O's upside draft picks hit it could be close.

I have completely given up on Bundy but still have hope for Harvey. Are you optimistic?

Price is good, no doubt, but I still like our chances better than the Blue Jays.

Sunday, October 5, 2014 at Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers)                                1  2  3    4  5  6    7  8  9     R  H  E                                -  -  -    -  -  -    -  -  -     -  -  -   Baltimore Orioles            0  0  0    0  0  2    0  0  0     2  5  1   Detroit Tigers               0  0  0    0  0  0    0  0  1     1  4  0   PITCHERS: BAL - Norris, Miller (7), Britton (9)             DET - Price, Nathan (9)              WP - Bud Norris       LP - David Price            SAVE - Zach Britton  HOME RUNS: BAL - Cruz             DET - none ATTENDANCE: 43,013

Favorites

Tweets

keithlaw

28s28 seconds ago

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Done: Daniel Norris, Matt Boyd, and Jairo Labourt for David Price. I'll have analysis up tonight when I get to Bristol for @BBTN.

Three lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived