Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Meanwhile Tulo and Price for 60 games is equivalent to pretty much spinning your wheels with different guys. The edge it gives them to make a run at the division much less the wild card is pretty much non existent.

Not quite. Tulo is a significant upgrade over Reyes, offensively and defensively. Probably worth 1 or 2 extra wins at this point. Price is a massive upgrade over some of the garbage they've been trotting out there. Probably another 2 wins there too. Just enough to over take a wild card team like the Os. This also makes their rotation good enough to have a shot to win a playoff series or two.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The way it reads, at first glance, is they acquired Price and Tulowitzki for 60 games. I know you meant Tulowitzki, and Price for 60 games. Lack of comma, changed the meaning. No harm, no foul. It's not worst then other things I've seen :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to eat Grandpa.

Time to eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives.

Boyd's delivery has been compared to Sandy Koufax, with a high leg kick. His arm slot has slowly risen, now sitting at a high three quarter slot. At times he seems slightly off balance in his delivery, putting a lot of weight on his back leg, but this also helps him hide the ball from hitters.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/6/23/8821699/matt-boyd-deserves-a-closer-look

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to mike francesa on <a href="https://twitter.com/WFAN660">@WFAN660</a> pineda's elbow is hurting and nova has an injury, too</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How would you compare the second and third lefties in the deal to Eduardo Rodriguez?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labourt similar upside/stuff but behind Rodriguez re: command. Boyd more back-end utilitarian arm that will eat innings and not kill you. Stuff isn't flashy but there's deception and he uses it well.

Not quite. Tulo is a significant upgrade over Reyes, offensively and defensively. Probably worth 1 or 2 extra wins at this point. Price is a massive upgrade over some of the garbage they've been trotting out there. Probably another 2 wins there too. Just enough to over take a wild card team like the Os. This also makes their rotation good enough to have a shot to win a playoff series or two.

I agree. And they COMPLETELY gutted their farm. All in. All in.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to mike francesa on <a href="https://twitter.com/WFAN660">@WFAN660</a> pineda's elbow is hurting and nova has an injury, too</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="
">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh ohh..

Nick, you're such a baseball nerd.

Also, Price/Tulowitzki is essentially spinning wheels but Andrew Miller was a huge addition.

Toronto front office has done jack all in five years but apparently was able to outbid a bunch of teams for Tulo and Price -- I mean at a minimum the front office has accumulated tradeable assets, no?

Is it bad that Toronto has such an incompetent bunch and Baltimore hasn't lapped them yet? Just a question us baseball nerds ponder between WAR calculations and prospect video analysis.

Labourt similar upside/stuff but behind Rodriguez re: command. Boyd more back-end utilitarian arm that will eat innings and not kill you. Stuff isn't flashy but there's deception and he uses it well.

Boyd - "1.10 ERA, and the fifth best strikeout to walk differential in Double-A, behind top prospects such as Luis Severino and Julio Urias."

Archived