Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many saw Boyd as a finesse back end starter at the beginning of the season, but as his fastball has progressed and his numbers continue to be stellar, I see him as, if all works out, a solid #3 starter. Boyd has good composure on the mound and has very good control and command, walking few and striking out many.

Walking few and striking out many.

Also, Price/Tulowitzki is essentially spinning wheels but Andrew Miller was a huge addition.

Toronto front office has done jack all in five years but apparently was able to outbid a bunch of teams for Tulo and Price -- I mean at a minimum the front office has accumulated tradeable assets, no?

Is it bad that Toronto has such an incompetent bunch and Baltimore hasn't lapped them yet? Just a question us baseball nerds ponder between WAR calculations and prospect video analysis.

Whatever, Nerdlinger.

Correy_Masterson.png

The Blue Jays are excellent at scouting young players and talent evaluation. I'll give them that much. Unfortunately for them, there is a lot more that goes into running a successful baseball team than just having good scouts and being knowledgable about sabermetrics

There are lots of potential issues with Toronto's organization. I like the approach to talent evaluation. I think the development of Graveman and Norris is a big feather in the hat of the PD side. I'm not sold on their analytics/decisioning department and some of the larger MLB moves. Says something that with all the *incompetent* moves they apparently were dealing lots of prospects that teams wanted and still have bullets to make another significant move. That stuff usually isn't an accident.

There are lots of potential issues with Toronto's organization. I like the approach to talent evaluation. I think the development of Graveman and Norris is a big feather in the hat of the PD side. I'm not sold on their analytics/decisioning department and some of the larger MLB moves. Says something that with all the *incompetent* moves they apparently were dealing lots of prospects that teams wanted and still have bullets to make another significant move. That stuff usually isn't an accident.

I really hope we give them 24 straight. I am not rooting for them.

Well they missed out on Price and Hamels... looks like the music has stopped and the Yankees are left with no one

I think its more that they didn't want to part with good prospects after spending a lot of time building them up. They're 6 games up and are looking pretty solid. They don't need to make major moves imo.

My biggest mistake was using the phrase "baseball nerd", clearly. What I meant was "scout".

Toronto makes a lot of big moves that don't pay off. This one won't pay off either, I'm willing to bet. Reyes was a garbage, garbage move from jump street and you know it. Now they had to dump their prospects to fix that mistake, and their prospects are the one thing they do well.

And yeah, give me a shut down reliever for 60 games before a TOR starter for 60 games. Every single time.

Carry on.

I'm not a scout. I don't have to suffer the grind and don't have the stable of experience to tout that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Three-team trade between <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dodgers?src=hash">#Dodgers</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marlins?src=hash">#Marlins</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a> is done. Players being informed.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also, Price/Tulowitzki is essentially spinning wheels but Andrew Miller was a huge addition.

Toronto front office has done jack all in five years but apparently was able to outbid a bunch of teams for Tulo and Price -- I mean at a minimum the front office has accumulated tradeable assets, no?

Is it bad that Toronto has such an incompetent bunch and Baltimore hasn't lapped them yet? Just a question us baseball nerds ponder between WAR calculations and prospect video analysis.

With Tulo.. His no trade clause kicked in. So he's only tadeable if he okays it.

Archived