Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to guess Price gets a no trade clause in whatever deal he inks this off season.

This is certainly true. Guy has got to be tired of moving.

He's really not that good.

David Price isn't that good? Only two pitchers--Kershaw and King Felix--have more WAR than Price since 2010. That means Price, third, beats out Verlander, Lester, Scherzer, Hamels, Greinke, and Wainwright, not exactly a bunch of chumps. And most of those numbers were accumulated while with the Rays against AL East when the division was undisputedly the best in baseball.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Per @jaysonst, #Cubs now shopping Castro aggressively. Fox Sports had previously reported that his name had surfaced in talks with #Padres.

@ChrisCotillo: Tigers thought to be on the block: Cespedes, Soria, Rajai, Simon, Avila.

Try 12 games. This is why Andrew Miller for 60 games > David Price for 60 games.

Compare David Price and Bud Norris for 12 starts. How many more is David Price really going to win you than Norris? 1? 2? There's even a chance he wins you less because 12 games is a ridiculously small sample size for a starting pitcher that literally anything can happen.

Really, these final 12 games, especially with all the September games where you can play matchup after four innings. I am not sure that Price wins three more games than Bud would. September 1 is five starts away.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Per @jaysonst, #Cubs now shopping Castro aggressively. Fox Sports had previously reported that his name had surfaced in talks with #Padres.

@ChrisCotillo: Tigers thought to be on the block: Cespedes, Soria, Rajai, Simon, Avila.

If nothing else, I'd take Raja Davis. He's atleast somewhat of an upgrade.

Try 12 games. This is why Andrew Miller for 60 games > David Price for 60 games.

Compare David Price and Daniel Norris for 12 starts. How many more is David Price really going to win you than Norris? 1? 2? There's even a chance he wins you less because 12 games is a ridiculously small sample size for a starting pitcher that literally anything can happen.

I don't know... I think 7 times 12 is bigger than the 20 innings Miller pitched. Price could pull a Doyle Alexander, I guess.

I don't know... I think 7 times 12 is bigger than the 20 innings Miller pitched. Price could pull a Doyle Alexander, I guess.

Leveraged innings. down to leveraged at bats. There is a theory that having someone that is guaranteed to get three or four folks out every other day has leveraged value. Especially when you can have a 20 man bullpen.

Archived