Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gausman and Schoop is what it would take, they're quite comparable to Wheeler and Flores. Are they worth one year and two months of Carlos Gomez (plus a compensation pick in 2017 after he signs elsewhere)?

Gausman and Schoop is inarguably a better package than Wheeler and Flores. Gausman has a year less service time than Wheeler and isn't coming off TJS. They otherwise have similar pedigrees. Flores and Schoop are the same age and equal in service time but Flores has been worth -0.2 rWAR over 736 plate appearances and Schoop has been worth 2.6 rWAR over 583 plate appearances. Flores looks like he should be a serviceable MLB middle infielder, Schoop looks like he might be a future all-star.

Flores is less than a so-so middle infielder. He's not a good SS, and he's a weak hitter for 2B or 3B. We could scrape together something comparable. The problem is the one we've had throughout this process: we have no exciting prospect that the FO is willing to trade. The only guy we have who is arguably in Wheeler's class is Gausman. I like Carlos Gomez, and would love to see him in LF. But would you be willing to part with Gausman to put him out there, and take on his salary? I wouldn't. We can see whether the Brewers are so desperate to dump his salary that they'll take a package with Bundy or Givens at the last minute, but if I were in their position I'd wait until the off-season if that's the best I could get.

BTW, what I heard this afternoon on the radio is that the Mets-Brewers deal wasn't blown up over medical issues, but that no final agreement was ever reached.

White Sox seem doubtful as they are in the Tigers division. Orioles may have a shot here (just my opinion).

Why would the Tigers care about that? They're punting on the season, so if Cespedes helps them in 2015, they don't care that much. He's gone in 2016, and won't even give Chicago a draft pick. Seems pretty ideal for the Tigers.

Why would the Tigers care about that? They're punting on the season, so if Cespedes helps them in 2015, they don't care that much. He's gone in 2016, and won't even give Chicago a draft pick. Seems pretty ideal for the Tigers.

Not sure I'd want my division rival to have first shot at signing Cespedas.

Gausman and Schoop is what it would take, they're quite comparable to Wheeler and Flores. Are they worth one year and two months of Carlos Gomez (plus a compensation pick in 2017 after he signs elsewhere)?

So give them Bundy and Flaherty and call it a day.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trade finalized: Joakim Soria for JaCoby Jones, sources confirm. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pirates?src=hash">#Pirates</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a></p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stotle says he is better than Josh Hart. So probably Trey Mancini or Dariel Alvarez to us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trade finalized: Joakim Soria for JaCoby Jones, sources confirm. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pirates?src=hash">#Pirates</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a></p>? Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="
">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stotle says he is better than Josh Hart. So probably Trey Mancini or Dariel Alvarez to us.

Such a loss to their farm for one year of Soria.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived