Orioles are considering selling, per Morosi

paulcoates

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure will make lots of money in those years. And the acquiring team can decide whether or not to pay that or trade him to a team that will.

If I'm a team that wants a reliever down the stretch, I'm giving up more for Britton than O'Day.

I think it would depend on what type of bullpen help I needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a vacuum I would give up more for Britton since he has better splits then O'Day.

The A's basically buy and sell at the deadline each year on a much smaller budget. They stay competitive year in and year out. Why can't we do this but with a larger budget (in theory will more talent visa via much spending)?

I think it's the right move to sell, but I actually think this was leaked specifically for the clubhouses benefit. These players obviously enjoy playing together so if this news leaked and they hear it, it's kind of a "make an impact this weekend or you will all be on different teams" type statement. Given what we have heard for two weeks prior to today, I have a tough time believing what is being said here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Think the time has come for club to weigh if return for some players now exceeds a draft pick next June. <a href="https://t.co/6FWAk5tUXh">https://t.co/6FWAk5tUXh</a></p>? Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">July 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, it would need to exceed, or at least match, the value of the draft pick PLUS the 2nd-half value of the player for this season. We already have the value of the pick and we have the player's contributions thru the end of the season. The value of the pick alone is not enough.

Well, it would need to exceed, or at least match, the value of the draft pick PLUS the 2nd-half value of the player for this season. We already have the value of the pick and we have the player's contributions thru the end of the season. The value of the pick alone is not enough.

I don't agree.

First off you would have to subtract the cost of the player and secondly if the team doesn't make the playoffs why assign value to the performance of a player? What good is the 1 win Davis might bring to a .500 team?

This was news I was dreading to hear.

It's a gut punch to know that the season is pretty much over.

MSK

Wait... I would imagine this is what you'd want? Or do you think we still have a shot and should be buyers?

Archived