Orioles are considering selling, per Morosi

paulcoates

If we can get more than draft pick value out of Wieters and/or Davis, why wouldnt you trade them? We made it to the playoffs with Caleb catching last year, an some would argue that even with Davis's homers, hes still dragging down the lineup. Put Pearce, Reimold, or even Delmon back in there everyday and I doubt you see a run decline. Parmelee at first against righties, the other three lefties.

This way we havent given up on the season by any means, and still adding to the organization.

I wouldnt deal Chen though. Hes pretty much exactly Kazmir, and for the return they got, Id much rather see Chen try to take us the whole way this year. Lose him and you really are giving up.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenny (who tops out at 5'3") Rosenthal's mini-me Morosi...

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Should the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> look to trade Matt Wieters or Chris Davis? <a href="https://twitter.com/DTrainMLB">@DTrainMLB</a> says ABSOLUTELY NOT

via <a href="https://twitter.com/AmericasPregame">@AmericasPregame</a>

<a href="http://t.co/lLyw0iVoMV">http://t.co/lLyw0iVoMV</a></p>— FOX Sports 1 (@FOXSports1) <a href="

">July 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Orioles are 6th in the AL in ERA. Yet Dontrelle Willis calls their pitching horrendous. Watching that clip it's pretty clear he has very little knowledge about the Orioles.

Burn it down, sell now. These guys are gonna be gone in FA anyway, might as well get something back for them (though I guess we'd get a draft pick for some of them, I don't like our chances to draft and develop pretty much anyone. I'd rather take our chances on some guys that are nearly ready from other clubs who do things right).

Sad to see, this little era we had after the seasons of crap baseball is over. Looks like we'll be back to the abyss soon enough.

My only reservation is that Dan doesn't seem to be a great trade guy. He seems like an incredibly savvy acquisition/scouting guy, and a good FA guy... but not a great trade guy. I could be wrong about this...

Pedro Martinez for Deshields is practically Duquette's claim to fame. He's just been a buyer through his time with the Orioles. Now it's time to see what he can do as a seller.

From Roch:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/07/updates-on-peace-the-lineup-and-trade-rumors.html

The hot rumor today was Chris Davis going to the Pirates for two minor league pitchers. I also heard from an industry source that the Orioles were talking to the Braves regarding catcher Matt Wieters, another pending free agent and Scott Boras client. But three people in the organization indicated to me that the Orioles remain buyers.

If we are indeed selling, I'd listen to offers for Britton. He'd probably bring back more of a return that out FA-to-be's. And how likely would we pay his market rate in 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach Britton??!!! Where could we get a closer as good as Britton and yet not expensive? Of course, if the O's become complete sellers, then who needs a closer? We could use Brian Matusz or Bud Norris as our closer. :P

If your going to rebuild, then do it right. Adam Jones would bring back a nice package. I can see him becoming pretty unhappy with the situation in Baltimore. And if the Orioles are going to continue to bargain shop, he will be a FA before they are seriou contenders agai. Also trade Britton. A rebuilding team doesn't need an AS closer.

If your going to rebuild, then do it right. Adam Jones would bring back a nice package. I can see him becoming pretty unhappy with the situation in Baltimore. And if the Orioles are going to continue to bargain shop, he will be a FA before they are seriou contenders agai. Also trade Britton. A rebuilding team doesn't need an AS closer.

If you are going to trade Jones then you should trade Machado. He is under team control for as long as Jones is and would bring back a much better package.

Archived